Monday, November 10, 2008

Ok, Now This Is Getting Kind of Ridiculous

I know...I'm awesome. You really don't have to keep throwing dollar bills at me. Wait, that's the other thing I do with dollar bills. You don't have to keep throwing awards at me. No really, please don't stop, I'm just pretending I don't need your approval.

I GOT AN AWARD!

Thanks to Heinous at Irregularly Periodic Ruminations. Be sure to read his story here. It totally creeped me out, and I'm hoping R.T. Collins is a recurring character. This gift was bestowed with a few conditions. (Reminds me of my Grandmother at Christmas. But I won't make you promise to marry a doctor.)

1. Post the award on your blog...if you're lucky enough to get it, BURN!
2. Link to the award bestower, which is none other than my fantastical self.
3. Link the original post at The Scholastic Scribe. Try to remember to go back there and read something from the Mother Land.
4. Pass the award on to five more deserving blog whores.
5. Post these rules for your recipients (and change them to include the word "whore". That's Heinous' rule, I swear.).

And now, the much anticipated passing of the torch:
  1. First, I'd like to present this award to Teri at Cold Lemonade. A) because she posted pictures of herself in a midriff. B) because I am LOVING her new waitress memoirs. C) because she tells me nice things and I'm hoping I can use that and get her to send me diamonds. Keep writing my dear!
  2. Next up is Leah at A Girl and a Boy. She's very close to having a baby, so I'm living vicariously through her, while trying to figure out a way to steal her newborn from the hospital. I usually just lurk at her site, so she has no idea who I am. Creepy.
  3. Suzan at My Persona in Poems and Photos. This woman posts 1,000 times per day. It's really amazing and beautiful. Go check out her poems, particularly this one.
  4. C.S. Perry at Rooked. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess he won't play along with this thing. He's one of those super smart and complicated guys who takes his writing a bit more seriously than, say, I take mine. But that's ok, that's part of the reason I heart him. Plus - he has goggles.
  5. Unmitigated. A fellow NaBloPoMo participant. Just trust me on this one.

This concludes this very special episode of bloggy love. Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Damn you. Now...How can I handle this tastefully?
    But I am overly fond of the word whore.
    So that's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cool. When Trooper Thorn gave me an award, he said reading my blog was like watching gynecological surgery. So this seems pretty tame, even with the whore thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good on you.

    R.T. will be back too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. No one's offered to steal my newborn before! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.