Wednesday, November 05, 2008

One Last Thing and Then I'm Done. I Swear.

THIS BREAKS MY HEART.

I am so ashamed of my home state. Surprised? No, not at all. I can't bear to speak to my mother right now. The idea (near certainty) that she voted in favor of legislating this blatant bigotry...it just breaks my heart. I am scared for my little brother, who still lives at home, immersed in a toxic environment where hate masquerades as god's will. I am so sad for California.

But hey - maybe next...a gay president? That would rock. (So long as he/she/both is still okay with my right to kill fetuses recreationally.)

To all my GLBT homies out there: DON'T EVER STOP HAVING KINKY, GAY SEX! I LOVE YOU ALL! And I have every reason to believe that one day, people will stop giving a damn about what you do or don't do with the person(s) that you love in the privacy of your home, and you'll be able to join together with straight men and women all over the nation and get divorced an average of 50% of the time.

When that happy day comes (FAR TOO LATE), I will totally be your grooms-maid.

9 comments:

  1. CA is making me sad, too. I can't believe that stupid prop passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed it passed too. I didn't realize there were still barbarians about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not surprised Arizona passed a marriage is one man/one woman law, but that California did really saddens me.

    The Arkansas thing does too, it is so damaging to families and kids who need families and GLBT people.

    There is a bright spot...Washington passed a aid in dying law, similar to Oregon's. Now terminally ill people in great pain can choose the time and manner of their passing.

    I am sure someday the people of this country will be more enlightened and not so damned preoccupied with trying to control other people's behavior. But it seems like that is a very very fucking long way away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Kitty but you just can't fix stupid.
    People are so afraid of their own feelings and urges they have to project it onto those around them so that no one would ever guess they are a bit turned on by the other sex at times.
    That is human nature and no I don't think we will see an end to it in our lifetimes. BUT who ever thought we would see a black man in the White House?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I was sadddened. So much so that I even put at extra "d" in there. Truly surprised and saddened today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're just genitals...they're not going to hurt anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell your homies to come visit my province. They can get married legally here. Won't mean anything in your state but they can still wave their marriage license and throw a fuck you very much out to the bigots that voted them down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In response to your "mysterious ELLE" question, I don't think it's a big secret that Elle stands for L, for Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, i for one, voted against it. also, it doesn't just ban gay couples from adopting or fostering children, but also unmarried couples and single adults. Not sure who they think is going to take care of these kids . . .

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.