Monday, December 08, 2008

The Trouble With Doing Laundy In An Apartment - Part II

Well, I just got back from dropping off the shopping cart back below the stairwell. The shopping cart that I needed to haul all our dirty clothes to the laundry room upstairs. And then to the other laundry room down the hall because the machines upstairs couldn't handle it all. I'll be heading back up there in 14 minutes to put them all in the dryer.

We made SEVEN LOADS OF LAUNDRY since last Sunday. Seriously people, I washed 6 loads just one week ago. What the fuck? Which one of the two of us is walking around with 14 pairs of pants on every day, because that's what it must take to make SEVEN loads of dirty laundry in as many days. Jesus Christ.

To be fair, one load is comprised of sheets (that I didn't do last week because we were out of town for most of that week and, well, I'm just kinda lazy like that) and towels. But still, this is really quite ridiculous.

Let's do the math:
7 loads to wash at $1.50 each (plus two machines that cost $1.75) = $11.00
7 loads to dry at $1.25 each (plus two machines that cost $1.50) = $9.25
Soap, bleach, dryer sheets (guessing here, no clue) = $4.00
My wasted fucking time = Priceless

So that's $24.25 every week that we're spending to wash our damn clothes. Seriously, I am implementing a NAKED ONLY rule around here. You either wear the clothes you been wearing all day, or you can walk around naked for the rest of the night. Your choice. I'm opting for naked, unless I go outside, and then I'll wear clothes only because it's snowing and my nipples are sensitive.

I did, in hindsight (which provides a glimpse of how foggy my brain has been lately), remember why I was hesitant to do laundry yesterday. Last Sunday? A week ago? When I did the laundry?

I washed Gray's Ipod. And dried it.

So....add that to the $24.25 in standard laundry fees, and that = HATE FUCKING LAUNDRY.

12 comments:

  1. UGH.

    Laundry fucking sucks.

    At least you have on premise facilities though.

    I am 30 years old and still bring laundry with me when I go visit the parents.

    Fucking sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the IPod survive? My last apartment had a washer and dryer in the actual unit. I saved hundreds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fucking HATE doing laundry, anywhere at any time, however, doing it in an apartment makes it suck EVEN MORE.

    So I feel your pain and I am deeply sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate laundry and I hated it 1000x more when I lived in an apartment. I'm so sorry...
    We only wash our sheets once every few weeks. On of use usually moves to the couch at some point since the kids are restless so they don't get used as much. That's the answer I'm going with.
    I can't believe you made seven loads of laundry in one week! We make maybe 3 or 4 but I'm home all day and usually always clad in boxers and a t-shirt so I don't make that much laundry... Ugh, laundry sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO - I so relate to this, I know what is up with the 1.75 for a SMALL load of laundry. For 1.75 I want to put everything I own in that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the upside...at least you're doing it.
    We OWN a washer and dryer and I still have no idea how it gets done.

    P.S. I love the "All Naked" policy.
    Maybe it will catch on around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im 3 cell phones deep because of laundry ...F this shit , im going vagrant. Whos with me , VAGRANTS UNITE !

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband does the laundry, that is to say, he puts it in the washer, puts in the dryer and puts it on the counter. If I want it folded and put away, well that's my job and not part of "doing the laundry" apparently. And as soon as the kids could reach the knobs on the machines, I had them doing their own laundry. This stops that "but you didn't wash my favorite shirt, I can't go to school" excuse. Now it's the "can you put my stuff in the dryer at 5am, Dad?" And he does, as he has to visit the laundry room to get clean clothes so he can go to work. You honestly don't think I fold and put them away, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have about 5 loads to do today... ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The light has come on, and I get it now.

    LOL.

    The "All Naked" Policy could get a bit scary. Know what I mean?

    KEEP IT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

    Ha ha. Am such a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely ALL of my moving plans since years ago require that a washer and dryer come with any place I rent. MUST. M.U.S.T.

    I can't stand pay laundry.
    Never ever again.
    If there isn't a w/d in my place, I won't live there.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.