Monday, September 20, 2010

Eleventh Hour Cluster Frick

Oh, ya'll.

This whole Buying A House thing is a fuckload of work and stress and ulcers and migraines and diarrhea. As of 2:38 pm yesterday, everything was lined up for a smooth closing on September 30th and I was happily stealing furniture from alleys all over my neighborhood in preparation of furnishing an entire house with exactly fourteen dollars and thirty-one cents.

Then at 2:39 (O, CURSED HOUR!) I got a phone call that threw the entire works into a tizzy and a big fat jam which resulted in Afternoon Consumption of Red Wine and Lots of Ice Cream From the Carton, and the entire problem revolves around the lack of ONE SIGNATURE on ONE PIECE OF PAPER out of the billions and jillions of pieces of paper involved in the purchasing of a house and the borrowing of the money to do so.

This is when I'm really regretting my decision not to enter a life of crime. Forged documentation would really come in handy right now.

Fortunately, Gray became Prestige-d (apparently it's a verb in Loser Language) on his Modern Warfare game this weekend, so there's that bit of good news. If you know what it means to become Prestige-d, then you're a giant loser.

But also, I'm kind of serious when I said it's good news because Pristige-d Gray was playing that very game last night when another loser playing with him spoke into Gray's loser-y headset and gave him a brilliant idea with which to extricate ourselves from the EMERGENCY LACK OF SIGNATURE we are suffering, and the fact that Gray was playing his 24th consecutive hour of video games may ironically end up being the reason we are able to purchase this house after all.

Which means I owe Gray about a thousand blow jobs RE: the bet we made RE: the usefulness of his playing video games. ALL. THE. TIME. EVERY. DAY.

I fucking hate/love it when he's right.

5 comments:

  1. You're not even gonna share the magical extrication advice?

    Listen, if it's criminal, I get it. Just keep in mind that you can't stay here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since, I have no idea what Prestige'd is I must not be as big of a loser than I thought. Or maybe, I'm only a librarian loser; which only means I know what the terms metadata and ubiquitous computing mean. Neither of which will get the signature on the paper for you.

    So just stop playing the fucking game long enough to go into the bank to sign the paper wasn't an option? Was killing someone involved in the solution?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...im not a looser :-D

    also, when the diarrhea dries up and the migraines pass, you'll see its all worth it... when you have a beautiful house and a 40 year loan to pay for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wtf is with this comment section? I'm going blind with this color scheme here.

    It's unfortunate, but gaming geeks often have real-life experience that makes them useful. It's social networking for losers, but it's still social networking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond doubt a blog significant to follow. You’ve dig up a great deal to say about this topic, and so much awareness. I believe that you recognize how to construct people pay attention to what you have to pronounce, particularly with a concern that’s so vital. I am pleased to suggest this blog. Two big thumbs up, man!


    Give me Dissertation advice

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.