Monday, August 08, 2011

Well, I'm home now. Most of me, anyway.

I left a lot of blood in San Diego between the tattoos and the fact that an escalator at the San Diego airport tried to eat me.

Human flesh. OMM NOM NOM.
I am officially banned from using stairs of any kind for any reason at any time, including the self-propelled variety.

I won't say that I had a horrible time on this trip because I actually had a lot of fun. It was just a different kind of fun. My cousin is a total freakshow, which is probably why we get along so well. Best voice impersonations EVER, wears a beanie when it's 80 degrees outside, and dances. A lot. It was pretty awesome getting to hang out with him for the first time in my adult life.

I did meet some interesting people, got a lot of surprises, and ate a lot of really good tacos. Oh, and I tried Thai food finally. So there's that.

I am, however, so so so so so happy to be home. My bed, it was magical. Sleeping beside my husband was something I missed for a long time. The Scary dog flung herself onto me and refused to detach, sleeping all night long ON MY FACE. I was even looking forward to work today, although typing without three fingers is kinda tricky.

I can't wait to unpack and do laundry. Go grocery shopping. LAY AROUND ON THE COUCH. I have so much planting to do in the yard now that our windows have been installed. Millions of putzy little projects and I am so excited to be home so that I can sit around thinking about them for so long that I never actually get around to doing them.

I'm also happy I don't have to get on a flying death trap for a long, long time.

4 comments:

  1. How are things with you and Gray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god!!!! How does this kind of thing even happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eewwww!! Jesus, it looks like San Diego turned you into some kind of zombie freak. Not that that's a bad thing....

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.