Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's been a few minutes and a few hundred miles

When last we spoke, I was pacing my living room in Shakopee, Minnesota, filled with righteous indignation and full blow panic over my doctor's refusal to refill a medication that was supposed to keep me calm.

Right now, I'm laying in a stranger's bed in my rented room in a primarily Asian neighborhood of Santa Ana, California, riding out the (hopefully) last few days of an ear infection, and the only medication I'm on is Amoxicillin.

It's been a weird month wherein I accepted a transfer to my employer's So Cal office, purposefully went off my medication, packed myself and Scary up and moved to California. My step-grandmother just died, Daylow is desperate for me to come back to Minnesota, and I've been sick for a week with no hearing in my left ear. 

I feel incredibly out of place here, but I'm sure that will pass given longer than a couple weeks. I'm hoping this move will kick the winter SAD right in the ass, but for the time being, I'm alone and lonely. I'm hoping the change of scenery will inspire me to be healthier and happier, but for now I'm just sick. I'm hoping I'll make new friends and meet new people, and that is starting to happen - and will likely continue - after I feel better and start going to meetup groups again. I'm hoping I'll start writing again, but at the moment this feels very forced and fake.

But you have to start somewhere, huh? Any where better to start than a zip code in Orange County.

Ironically, the cable here doesn't include Bravo, so I can't watch The Real Housewives of the OC.

6 comments:

  1. you can do it! stay strong! it may be rough in the beginning but it is sure to get better! soak up that sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you can watch the real housewives of the OC, alright. Everyday at Starbucks, or the local nail salon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a little sunshine to brighten the spirits. I could never move back to Seattle because of the gloomy gray weather. But, AZ and the South suit me just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you since your last post. Sending you my best and strongest good wishes. I can't believe you moved, just like that! Hope it's a change for the good, for you.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.