Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday, With Stories

Morning everybody. Well, morning to those of you who broke free of the turkey coma long enough to check up on blogs. Probably not many of you. I am HOPELESSLY behind on my blog reading, and I feel really badly about that. Not enough to actually sit down and read them all, but badly just the same. I made the mistake of adding too many blogs to my daily reading list, and now you guys just keep posting and posting and posting and I feel like I'm running (a very funny) marathon just keeping current. I promise to catch up someday, probably in December when I'm too excited about Santa's arrival to get any actual work done. Or Monday, when I'm likely too tired to get any work done.

Today, my mother has planned a Half Birthday party for our little niece, who's about 18 months. We're going to Chuck E Cheese. I know, you're super jealous. That place gives me a giant case of the creeps. I don't know if it's because of the hoards of snotty noses, the germ pit AKA the ball pit, or the really bad pizza. If I had to guess, I'd say the main reason are those mechanical robot characters that play the little concerts, and then slide back behind the curtain and fall still. I made the mistake of peeking behind that curtain once, and I've never gotten over it. The robots, they just stand there, heads resting on their chests, wires poking out their asses, like some kind of spooky zombie army, waiting the allotted time before reappearing and trying to smile with their robot mouths, playing (badly) some creepy children's music. I know more kids who are petrified of that robot show than kids who enjoy it.

Do they come alive after dark, when the place closes and all the little kids are presumably gone? Do they stomp around searching for stray human spawn to snack on? I bet they'd find one or more stuck down beneath the plastic balls in the pit. I can see them pulling an unsuspecting toddler out by his ankle, eyeing him over for ripeness, and chomping him to death with their big robotic mouths. Then maybe they head next door to the mall and try on prom dresses at Macy's and watch R-rated movies in the deserted theatre, hoping for full-frontal nudity, or at least a boob shot.

I might have to investigate this theory while I'm there. My choices are to stay the night at Chuck E Cheese and prove or disprove the theory that those robots are alive and hungry for human flesh....or to stay the night at my mother's house. I think I'll take my chances with the robots. But don't worry, I'll keep my little brother with me to use as bait. You know, just in case they move faster than I imagine.

8 comments:

  1. Right On. I've never trusted robots and this post has only added fuel to the fire of my already maniacal paranoia.

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I have never been to one.

    And still...that place scares the SHIT out of me...

    And if I ever have children...I will be the mean mother who doesn't let her kids go in the germy ball pit of death. NO EFFING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours doesn't have the evil ball pit anymore, thankfully. It always scared me how the sound of their mouths moving was louder than the tacky music they were supposedly singing. If we hear from you again, we'll assume they haven't attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had pancakes and bacon this morning. I had a lovely Thanksgiving. I never liked to stupid robot show either. Or wait....I may have sort of liked it as a kid...but yeah, the older I got, the creepier it was.

    By the way, I found you but can't add you on myspace (cuz I don't know your email or last name) nor can I send you a message asking to add you on myspace because you have to be a friend to send you a message. WHAT KIND OF CATCH 22 NO NEW FRIENDS BULLSHIT ARE YOU RUNNING OVER THERE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah and at least with your catching up on reading blogs, you don't have to worry about mine. I haven't written in days! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Chuck E. Cheese!

    Sometimes I just have to forego catching up on the blogs.. and pick up from today (or whatever day it is you have time to get back into it) - rather than trying to go back and read missed posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, damn, that's some BAD pizza, ain't it?! You'd think from all the money they collect in that place that they could invest in some better food. The salad bar also sucks ass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't stay there over night! That's how they get the parts for the robots. You would end up as catbot. That's also when they make sure the ball pit has enough germs. They have a spray for that.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.