Saturday, November 01, 2008

The OJ Song

I ran across this today when sorting through my file of things I wrote a very long, long time ago. This gem is circa 1995. I believe I was in the 6th grade at the time. It seemed like a fitting post for All Saints Day, but I'm not sure why exactly that is. This song should be read to the tune of Jingle Bells:

He's in Nicole's front yard,
OJ has got the knife...
He slit open her throat,
And took her very life!
Ron Goldman is there too,
He got it in the head...
Now where's the killer gonna go?
Nicole and Ron are dead!

chorus:
O, are they gonna set him free or will they let him die?
Will he be acquitted, or is he gonna fry?
Hey!
Marsha Clark and Johnny Cochran,
Who is gonna win?
The right answer is plain to see...
OJ's guilty as sin!

OJ leaves the scene,
He's in a white Bronco...
He speeds down the highway,
But where's he gonna go?
The chase goes on and on,
The cops are on his tail...
They've got to catch him soon because
The blood is going stale!

chorus again

The jury has been picked,
The minority is white...
But Marsha Clark isn't gonna give up without a fight.
The verdict is released,
Prosecution gives a sigh...
But OJ killed Nicole and Ron,
The jury must be HIGH!

and then the chorus again

Clearly, I have always been a sick, sick sicky. But it's kinda funny, no? I mean, out of the mouths of babes and all that? I followed this news story quite closely at the time, mostly because my little sister and I were in L.A. when the murders were committed, and it was all over the news for such a long time. I remember my middle school turned on the televisions and we all watched as the verdict was read. My dad even drove us by Nicole's house one time, just so we could see what all of the fuss was about. Oddly, I have no interest in the current case against Mr. Simpson. I suppose as far as I'm concerned, he was tried and convicted 13 years ago!

Mr. Simpson, may the ghosts of those you're murdered rise up and kill yo' ass!

2 comments:

  1. "I wear Spot Built...just like O.J.!"

    (You're all too young to remember that one I'll bet.)

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.