Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Post to Let You Know I'm Not Posting Today

Yeah, this is what happens when I don't have any extra posts waiting in the wings. It's past dark on a Saturday night, and all I wanna do is take off my pants and watch Wall*E. But no, now I must update this blog because I am a stubborn son of a bitch, and I refuse to give up on my commitment to post every day this month. I'm more committed to this event than I was to my algebra class and my first marriage COMBINED. Is that funny, or just sad?

I was reading Bag of Bones again last night (Am I the only one who didn't know Stephen King has a new book out? Why did no one tell me? And it's my very favorite kind of his books: a compilation of short stories! Swooning!) and I read a line that was reminded me of a lot of the tone of my posts lately. Something along the lines of, "In almost every case, humor is just anger with make up on." Seems about right to me, but has nothing to do with this post. Still, I can see you're grateful that I included it. It was my pleasure.



We went over to some friends' house last night for a killer steak and potato dinner, lots of wine was imbibed, and many conversations were had (guys: wrestling, beer, drinking beer while watching wrestling. gals: marriage, life, children, marriage, how the guys were still talking about wrestling, marriage). It was lots of fun. I got to play a bit with their three little dogs, one of whom used to belong to me. Simon Klatt, neigh Frey, is much fatter now than when he lived with me. To be fair, my other two dogs at the time I owned Simon were in excess of 70 lbs each. Simon, at 9.5 lbs, was big (fat) for a yorkie, but no match for the big dogs come meal time. Now in his new home, all three dogs are under 10lbs. Kind of evens the playing field.

Here's the little shit last night. He is, very truly, a big fat sweetie pie. I heart him. I'm super fortunate that I'm able to go visit and dog-sit whenever I'd like. I've been fortunate in that regard, that all my former dogs belong to good people, friends mostly, with whom I'm in contact. It's nice to be able to check up on the pups.

And that all my poor, dead brain can manage today. Tomorrow, I'll tell you all about our big shopping extravaganza. Because I know that your life will not be complete until you've read about when Gray told me to "take a deep breath and relax" in the middle of Toys R Us today.

11 comments:

  1. I like that quote! One of my favorites is "Depression is just anger without enthusiasm." This NabloPoMo is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just letting you know i'm not commenting. I'm definitely going to have to buy that book when I'm in the airport next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the greatest joys of my life is that my kids are mostly too old for Toys R Us any more. I have wasted many hours shifting from foot to foot while one or another of my rotten kidlets decided which Batman or GI Joe he or she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, will have to get that book.

    Can someone please explain Wall-E to me?

    Dudes. I wanted so badly to like it, but after 20 minutes I was like "Um.........NO".

    And I was looking forward to it and WANTED to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel bad, I didn't know Stephen King has a new book out either- I will have to check it out!
    Oh... and dammit- I'm not the first comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawn and the kids watched Wall-E last night. They all liked it.
    Simon was the smartest dog ever, he tried to rip Scott's face off!
    I'm glad you didn't post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dog.

    At least you posted.
    I didn't.
    And I don't plan to.
    I'm lazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. cute dog
    I used to have a yorkie.
    I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New book? Dammit. Well, at least you're keeping me in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say that if you're not posting, then I'm not commenting, but that b-hole Desi beat me to it. It sounds like I'm copying her, so I'm definitely not writing this dumb comment now.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.