Monday, December 01, 2008

Well This Fucking Sucks

Soooooo....I was scrolling through my November posts to make sure I didn't miss posting one day...and it appears that my 11/21 post (which was drafted 11/20) posted with a date of 11/20. So I have no entry from 11/21. I had this problem on the 16th, but I caught it and was able to go back and fix the date problem before the day ended. This time, I didn't catch the mistake until over a week after the gaff. Which means this whole NaBloPoMo bullshit just flew right out the window. Grrr!


When I realized this last night I was PISSED, especially after busting my ass to get four posts ready to accommodate my being out of town for Thanksgiving. Royally irritated. I was this close to punching the computer, but decided that would accomplish nothing, and I would cut my hand and the monitor would have chuckled and asked if that was all I got. After much consideration, and a generous portion of peppermint schnapps, I decided that missing one day doesn't really matter much anyway. I mean sure, I'm totally out of the running for the awesome prizes, and I only get the losers badge to post on my blog. The one that probably says, "I tried to do NaBloPoMo and I was too stupid to post correctly, so I am a loser". But my goal with this exercise was to stretch myself, make myself try something challenging and new. And you know what? I totally did that. So maybe I'm not a complete and utter failure. Not with this, anyway. I posted every day and THEN some. So really, I win.

I learned a lot about myself, namely that I have no shame. I also learned that I need a laptop, because most of my blog ideas strike when I'm away from the computer, and my inherent aversion to writing things down means I forget most of the shit right away. I struggled to find posting material some days, others I had more than I knew what to do with. I committed to something and actually followed through on it. I am going to give myself the Grand Prize and pat myself on the back for this one. Toot my own horn. All that jazz.

Those of you who did the National Blogger Posting Month, what were your experiences? How did you fare? Did you complete the challenge, or did you wuss out, mess up, give up? I'm curious to know how everyone else did with this project.

Tonight is my last class of the semester. Can I get a "Whoop Whoop"? So there's something else I accomplished. Sure, I withdrew from my algebra class early...but this other class, the 3 credit, no testing class, THAT I finished with flying colors. So yay! I must be a genius. Or a psychopath, if the so-called "doctors" can be believed.