Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Attn: Complaint Department

To:
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
702 S.W. 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716

Re:
November 28th
Valley Stream, NY Store closing

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to complain about my experience at the Valley Stream, NY Walmart store on Thursday, November 28th, 2008. I had been waiting in line outside your store for over 7 hours in order to purchase the Bissel compact upright vacuum which had been advertised at $28.00. I spent my entire Thanksgiving night in the bitter cold, braving the weather, steadfast in my resolve to purchase a deeply discounted household appliance. Then immediately before I was able to shove through the throngs of other shoppers and enter the store, a police barricade was set up to block my entry. Some patrons ahead of me were allowed to enter the building and shop until they dropped, while the rest of us were kept outside, milling about like cattle. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I understand that a store employee was killed by hundreds of crazed shoppers, like myself, as they ran him over and trampled him to death on their way to the $798 flat screen TVs, and I'm sorry for his family and all, but how dare you advertise that you'll be open at 5:00 a.m., and then proceed to lock me out! I am outraged! I have been waiting my entire life to buy the Bissel vacuum, and while I have three other perfectly good vacuums at home, I am entitled to my $28 bargain from Walmart. To be denied such a luxury is unheard of. There is certainly no reason why the emergency medical workers could not have dragged the man's limp, lifeless body into one of the unoccupied checkout lanes before continuing resuscitation efforts. It was unthinkable to close the entire store just to attend to the needs of a man who was clearly no longer alive. To be inconvenienced by such trivial matters is inexcusable.

Not only did I wait in line for 7 hours, but I also had to stab an elderly man for cutting ahead of me (that he was trying to reach his oxygen tank is irrelevant), strangle and dispose of a young child who was telling knock-knock jokes to the security guards (what if he distracted them from unlocking the doors at 5:00 on the dot), and go without my nightly cocktail hour in order to remain alert and ready for bargain shopping. The emotional and the physical trauma I endured during my long, long night in front of your store will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I demand that you send me a rain check for the $28 Bissel compact upright vacuum within 7 business days, or I will take my business elsewhere. Perhaps K-Mart will appreciate my maniacal thirst for cheap crap, and value my patronage much more than you seem to.

Sincerely,
With insane, blood-thirsty laughter,

Lolita Razzle Dazzle

13 comments:

  1. Whoa! Well-put girl!! I'm still blown away at the horrific behavior of some people. All to save a few dollars. Unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *stands and applauds*

    Well said indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look, I have to know, did you get the rain check?
    And, I'd like to offer the fine services of the Rooked Legal Department if you need them for future litigation.
    After all, Life and Death are left to the caprice of the Universe but that bargain vacuum only comes along once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just peed my pants! Ahahahahahahahh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I predict that it won't be long until some dumbass thinks that this is a real letter.

    You attention whore!

    Oh, and it is NY, not NJ. Sadly I live an hour from these fucked up individuals who were pissed off that they had to leave and then later on in the day LINED UP BEHIND CRIME SCENE TAPE and waited for the store to reopen.

    People fucking suck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny: Good call on the state issue, I fixed it. I hope their crazy-sickness doesn't rub off on you. Cause you're so close, and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to shake my head and walk away. ::backing up slowly::

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I called you an attention whore. ;)

    ha ha.

    I could not believe it when I saw that that happened here......but I am new here, so I actually had to use mapquest to see how far away that town is from me.

    The whole thing is awful. All to get a "bargain", but people suck.

    Okay, I am rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice letter. Any day now it will show up on snopes and link to your blog. Will you still remember us little people when you are bigger than Dooce?

    I totally want to use the great frozen outdoors as an extra freezer but there is the whole pesky bear issue. Sure, they say they are hibernating, but stick one turkey carcass in the snowbank and next thing you know you have a rep as a McDonald's drive-thru for the brown and fuzzy.

    Oh, yeah, and my dogs pee on everything. They have killed one bush here already, and killed a fucking palm tree in our back yard in Tucson. Although...the front porch roof is right below my bedroom window, and that way the dogs can't pee on it and the bears can't get to it. Hmmm. This may require more thought...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snopes.com is like my version of the bible. With much better pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you see the photos of advanced breast cancer and the guy with maggot brain on snopes?

    Nothing that cool in any bible I have ever seen...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok - first of all, you should write for the Onion, and second, you could not possibly have MAILED that letter, no?!! LMAO....seriously, had I known that they had a vaacum for 28 dollars, I would have...no, no, I would not....

    If you are still upset, feel free to call me for counseling services!

    Love you, funny girl. Krista

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.