Sunday, January 04, 2009

Guess What? Answer

When I started reading Meredith's comment, I was like, "TAKE THAT! I stumped you!"

But then I realized that she actually guessed lava lamp, which is a pretty damn lucky guess if you ask me, considering it WAS a picture of my lava lamp. I think Meredith is some sort of visual genius - I bet I could take a photo of any random internal organ, and zoom it in real close, and Meredith would be all, "That's the second inch of a large intestine, probably a middle aged male, smoker." And then I'd give her the Nobel Prize for visual genius. The only problem with this scenario is that I'd have to dig through my freezer, find a tricky organ, and then thaw it out. Everyone knows spleens are mushy after they've been thawed.


I went through a week-long phase when I was fascinated with the lava lamp, and took all kind of photos trying to capture its fluid, graceful movements. The bubbles! It was as if they were alive! How did it work? Can I get a GIANT lava lamp?

I wasn't even high during this period of time. It was winter. Which is almost the same thing.

20 comments:

  1. I read an article once about a guy who was killed after he put his lava lamp on his stove. It exploded and the shrapnel killed him.

    Don't put your lava lamp on the stove is the lesson I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never guess lava lamp...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Winter High.

    Lava Lamp, good one, I had no clue, not even guess. They are quite mesmerizing arent they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter always makes me wish I could take pictures of the pretty falling snow and then 14 photos later I remember that you cannot capture what I'm going for with a cheap camera through the window. Every damn year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shibby! I was with you when you bought that thing and I still had no clue what the photo was. You totally stumped me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumped me. I think you should go back to close ups of animal genitalia. I am much better at guessing those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! i was gonna say i found you through xyz but now i forget where the heck i was! anyway HI! your profile made me smile and sad..i'm sorry you lost your baby.
    good to 'meet' you
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do the appendix. No one EVER gets the appendix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But they taste better after they're mushy, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess of 'ovum' was utterly pathetic.

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't know what you're missing...reconsider your spleen attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always miss the days you post your pictures!!! Though that is an awesome picture that I would have never guessed anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still say labia. And, given the way my life is running (and with a little luck) it'll add up to the same thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LoL. I love my lava lamp too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally new it was a lava lamp I was just letting others guess so I wouldnt seem so smart

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nope... didn't see that one. I'm not so good at your super fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meredith here,
    You make me laugh. I like you.
    And like Maggie May, I'm new here as well.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.