Thursday, January 08, 2009

Just When You Imagined You'd Seen The Breadth of My Lameness

Petra at The Wise (*Young*) Mommy came over to my house yesterday and we totally made out on the couch in my basement until my parents come home early and started screaming something about hell and how were are both going there in some sort of basket. We tried to make it look like we'd only been playing Donkey Kong the whole time, but I think her lipstick on my ear may have been visible even in the candle light. So they called her mother to pick her up and sent me to my room to think about what I'd done. Then later, Petra snuck out of her house and was throwing little pebbles at my window, and then she serenaded me with her accordion (did you forget she plays the accordion?) and then she told me she'd wait for me forever, and then she tagged me for this photo meme.

Or...well, it went something like that anyways.

I had to follow some steps for this meme (which, for you lay people, means "lame version of cyber tag used when posting actual words proves difficult due to hangover or idiocy"), which was difficult for me because I was really drunk already and I kept trying to juggle because I thought the second rule said to "juggle some grapefruits", but all I had were carrots (the baby kind), so it didn't work out very well. Plus, I'm a really bad juggler. But fortunately, Gray pointed out that the second rule actually says, "Go to your 6th file", so I had to start the whole thing over.
  1. Go to your documents
  2. Go to your 6th file
  3. Go to your 6th picture
  4. Blog about it
  5. Tag 6 friends to do the same

Behold, the dog named Bailey, who neither belongs to me nor particularly cares for my company:

Bailey belongs to my Fairy Godparents (if you don't have a set of those, I highly suggest you pick yourself up one)((pair of them))(((or just one, I'm not biased against single Fairies))). It was just about 2 years ago now that myself, my Jill, my sister, my Fairy Godmother, and another friend NeeNee...well, we nearly killed poor Bailey in what would have been a tragic boating accident. Fortunately for me, she didn't die and it really turned into a pretty funny story, so long as you have no scruples or love of animals. Or so long as you're drunk.

It was about a month before I was to marry my now ex-husband. We were at the Fairy Godmother's beautiful lake home in western Wisconsin for my "bachelorette" party. There may have been alcohol involved. We were on a deck boat, cruising around Balsam Lake with Bailey on board. Bailey was recovering from both knee and hip surgery, if memory serves. She was taking it kinda easy, as opposed to the rest of us who may or may not have been topless.

Our friend NeeNee was driving the boat, and she decided to stop the boat without any kind of...I don't know...slowing down process. She just kind of turned the thing off, and we all went flying into each other.

Bailey flew right off the front of the boat, which then ran her over. Her, and her poor, gimpy legs. I believe there may have been some panicking until we saw her surface behind the boat and begin paddling to us. And there was no red water or floating doggy parts behind her. Apparently NeeNee got the motor turned off in the knick of time. (Bailey was was all, "Yeah you bitches, this is GREAT because my fucking legs hurt and I just had my fur done, but whatever, don't worry about me, it's my own damned fault for getting on this death trap with a bunch of drunken buffoons.")

For some reason, I think she blames ME for her near-death experience, even though I wasn't driving the boat (or even aware that I was still ON the boat). It was my party (funeral) after all. To this day, when I visit my Fairy Godparents, Bailey flips me off and calls me a whore, which of course is why I heart her. Plus, who doesn't love talking dogs?

Oh, and YOU THERE! You're tagged. Yes, you. I know it's Friday, I'm sorry to impose this upon you before the weekend, but it can't be helped. Don't try to sneak away, I know you saw this. You're tagged and there's nothing you can do about it.

25 comments:

  1. First of all, you have a very vivid imagination.

    Second, it was YOUR bachelorette party, ergo, even if it wasn't YOUR fault, it was your responsibility. And that is why Bailey hates you... were it not for you, it never would have happened. Duh (I asked Sundance and that's what he said).

    Third, I love the word 'ergo'. I should really use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs. And I hate knowing dogs are hurt. But that was just funny. The fact that you were drunk and felt compelled to share that you were also topless? Maybe not quite so neccessary... but I still love you, you crazy drunk whore. And I'll play your little game... but not till next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you bear no responsibility for anything that happens at your bachelorette party. The weight of responsibility is borne by the organizer. I'll talk to the dog for you.

    P.S. Petra never plays accordion for me. You're special ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never ceases to amaze me how you take the most mundane shit and make it so fucking funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a golden? They are tough as shit. My Golden got hit by a semi truck and I thought he was dead till I said "wanna go for a ride" and he was good as new. Tough or some sort of robo dog I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog can take a direct hit to the eye with a tennis ball, and keep fetching like a little hairy pirate. It's all in the motivation.

    Bailey just needs to work through her feelings -- do you have any chew toys that look like you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tan't see me! Neener, neener, neener!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason, the gimpy adjective is really sticking with me tonight.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was that dog, I would memorize the faces of every person on that boat, then when I saw them, I piss on their coats / purses / keys or whatever else they set within pissing range ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow
    what a sweet dog a nice quilt too.how were you able to hide this huge dog?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you got to make out with Petra. Not fair.

    Poor Bailey. I think I would hate you too if you forced me to look at your drunken boobs. I mean, threw me overboard.

    I'll take the stupid tag but not today. Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually began to believe the start. Then you ruined it for me... Ah well.
    Evidence of your chetingness - http://tbhanson.tumblr.com/post/69576381

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, that was such a good night...until your stupid parents had to come home and ruin the whole thing...

    Anyway, I just want to say that now I am completely in love with you and there is nothing you can do about it because anyone that can take a picture of a beautiful golden retriever and turn it into one of the funniest and most interesting posts I have read in a long time is the love of my life.

    Sorry Gray and Foster, you guys have totally been bumped for some good old fashioned hot sista love. Maybe if you are really nice to us and buy us pretty things and beautiful dildos and strap-ons, we will let you watch.

    (Sorry, my imagination ran away with me on that one...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and by the way Casey, you are invited to our sisterhood of the traveling dildos love nest anytime baby. *wink wink.

    I am so getting in trouble for these comments, aren't I...?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should be offended, but I'm actually very proud. And if Petra's getting into to trouble for her posts, the world is not one of which I wish to live in. Toodles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, ha, take a plain dog picture, throw in some drunk and topless, and it becomes a fab story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Accordians and girls kissing? This is the best site ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yes, I also forgot to mention that I am available for weddings and bar mitzfahs. You haven't had a party until you've had a live accordian player!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have no pictures in my document file (yay for Macs!) so I am exempt from this meme. Yay!

    Poor dog.

    And what's this about invitations to the sisterhood of traveling dildos? I think I may be turned on. Or it could be gas. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Making out with Petra...topless...uh, was there some other story here, about a dog?

    OH HELL NO, don't tell me a DOG was involved! (rereads)

    Oh! Whew! It was about a dog getting run over by a boat. WHEEW! What was I THINKING, hahaha...

    I agree with the Captain: girl kissing and accordions, awesome! I'll never hear a polka the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous dog!
    So, can you pick up fairy godparents at WalMart or are they strictly online purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jeez. This used to be a nice quiet little blog.
    It's almost too fashionable now.
    I don't know how much longer I'll feel comfortable leaving comments here.

    May or may not have been topless...I'll rock that one to sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I,ve Always Wanted To Play The Accordion........... (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funniest. Post. Ever. I seriously laughed so hard my stomach hurt. (man, I'm seriously out of shape)

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.