Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Is Just Like Monday, Except Younger

randomtuesday

  • I just got a collection letter for $700 I owe on a hospital bill from August, even though I spoke to the hospital receivables department and they told me they were sending out a credit application for their fabulous Get Into Debt Faster program, and that the account would be placed on hold for 30 days until I could complete that credit application. Fuck you, hospital receivables lady who was a total cunt to me on the phone. Because you know what? Your $1,300 emergency room didn't detect that my fucking baby was dead and it took another 6 weeks and $4,700 for a better hospital to figure it out. I'm flipping you off right this minute.
  • My check which paid in full the $700 for that hospital bill from August? Cleared the bank the same day I got the collection letter.
  • I'm positive this is going to result in the hospital keeping my money but not calling off the collection company, and both companies assuring me that the other is responsible for fixing the cluster fuck, that I'll have to take it up with them, and that they're going to steal my soul while they wait. I hate you all.
  • I didn't know that medical bills could go into collection when you've been making payments every two weeks.
  • Speaking of medical bills, remember my awesome experience with Minute Clinic? And then remember the OTHER awesome experience with Minute Clinic a couple weeks later? Well, Minute Clinic has topped it's awesomeness with a cap of Fuckin' A Right-edness. I got a refund check in the mail for $23 the co-pay I made in December. Which, I know that's more likely an insurance company thing, but still - the check came from Minute Clinic, so I'm giving them the credit.
  • Smokers smell really bad.
  • You might also remember how much I hate Wal-Mart (aka Slightly Worse Than Puppy Mills and Sweat Shops)? In December, I sent letters of complaint to A) their home office in Bentonville, AR; B) the general manager of the store in Brooklyn Park with the shitty electronics department; and C) the general manager of the store in Shakopee, MN with the shitty electronics department. I have not received a response from anyone affiliated with Wal-Mart, so it's clear they do not give a damn about me or where I choose to spend my (non-existent) discretionary money.
  • I wish I could drop kick Wal-Mart, but I've been known to accidentally miss the target, and because I'm kicking so hard (but don't meet any resistance from the target) I throw my leg up so high in the air that I'm flung onto my back on the ground. Then I'm stunned so I drop the target on my face.
  • I never played sports.
  • Gray got a letter in the mail from Maria Duval this weekend. See, there's this ring that is designed with some kind of Egyptian geometric patterns, and since she started wearing it 30 years ago, she's survived a deadly car crash and enjoyed decades of health and prosperity. She's also inspired bloggers to dedicate entire websites to discussing her and her talisman. Inside the letter is an order form (this magical ring can be MINE MINE MINE for only $7 plus $3 for shipping and handling) and a 4x6 photograph of the totalled vehicle from Maria's miraculous car crash 30 years ago. I thought it was interesting that the 30 year old vehicle was late-80's model Chevy S10. Do the math, dumbass scammers.
  • I lured The Bloggess into sending me an email and I felt like I was talking to Jesus, and then I had an orgasm.
  • I hate Dick's Sporting Goods, those worthless home wreckers can suck my balls.
  • Friday, I went to a funeral. My co-worker's father-in-law died from lung cancer almost immediately after being diagnosed. Another co-worker's friends lost their 5 year old girl to cancer on Thursday night. A friend called yesterday to tell me that a former co-worker's cancer was back, and that it's terminal and she only has months to live. Fuck you, cancer.
  • I cheated on my No Spending yesterday and bought a sandwich on my way to school. And McDonald's on my way home. I'm going straight to budget hell. But it's next door to regular hell, so it will streamline my afterlife torture, and I'm all about efficiency.
  • Please, anyone? Send bacon. Immediately.

Please visit The Un Mom if you want to play with her. I hear she only bites the good way.

Updated:

  • I got a random text from my ex-husband a couple of weeks ago. He basically just said that he hopes I'm doing well and that he was thinking about me. Which was weird. So I stalked him on Myspace and found out that he just moved back to Arkansas, which is where we met. So I guess that explains why he texted me. Sort of.
  • This means that I'm officially "out of my element" in Minnesota - all of my original posse (the ex, my sister, my niece) have bailed on me. What the fuck am I still doing here?

Updated again:

  • Apparently today is Fat Tuesday, whatever that means. Every day is fat day at my house. Anyway, my boss brought in a King Cake. For those of your unfamiliar with King Cake (as I was this morning, gloriously, blissfully unaware of the horror that is King Cake), it is a multi-colored coffee cake with a baby baked inside of it. I know, that just sounds wrong. But that's exactly what it is. Everyone cuts themselves a hunk of baby cake and whomever finds a little baby in their food wins...well, in my case I won three strands of plastic Mardi Gras beads and the title of "King for a Day", whatever the hell that means.
  • I really should have been more specific when I told the Universe I wanted a baby.
  • I stabbed it with my fork. By accident. Stupid plastic baby.

30 comments:

  1. Slightly Worse Than Puppy Mills and Sweat Shops, bwahhahhahhaha!!!

    ...do I want to ask why Dick's Sporting Goods are home wreckers?

    And why aren't you in my reader yet? Man, I'm a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet thing, there is so much here to talk about I don't know where to begin. Some laughs in there like I expect to find when I visit, but so much more. I didn't know about your baby, I am so sorry. (((((hugs))))). Even worse the hosptial bill cock up that you have to deal with...... FUCK that boils my blood. I had some idiot hospital issues after a scare in hospital while pregnant. Things like Insurance Co. not willing to pay for a certain procedure, because it was only needed if I was pregnant, someone failed to tick that I was pregnant on the form, and no one would believe me, and everyone else blamed everyone else. Did anyone notice I was THERE to have a BABY a month later? It took months for someone connect the dots on paper, even as I sat in the office with my child in my arms.....

    Cancer took my dad last year, its what inspired my song that will go on the Stupid Canncer CD this year. I tried to make something good out of the shittiest thing in my life.

    Wal Mart is another disaster story, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, but I admire that you took the time to rant at them. :)

    LOL at Maria Duval and her time travelling car.....

    I'll leave it there, and save space for someone else to ramble at you, but I just really wanted to send a hug, or at least some bacon....

    will go check out Bloggess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Randomness! :) So sorry about your baby... Adding insult to injury with the subsequent bill/collections thing is not cool. I'm echoing Keely - what's up with Dick's Sporting Goods?

    Sending some bacon... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to leave a really clever and witty comment.
    But I'm way too hungover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was this McDonalds you speak of? It sounds lovely.
    Fuck cancer. Fuck it in the cancerous ass. I hate it.
    Hospital bills suck. We finally just got the bill for Graham's surgery (from December) but I bet they're going to call about it immediately and ask why I haven't sent the payment in. On the flip side, Minute Clinic (ours is at CVS) does rock. Refunds? You should blow them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, cancer fucking sucks and so does living on a budget. So does Walmart for that matter, and if I wasn't broke as a joke and need to save money everywhere I could, I would stop shopping there too.

    Bacon is on its way, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinkin not too long ago Where the Fuck is a blog by Cat? You read my mind! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Thank god my $600 every 2 week anti depressants are kicking in, or I'd be digging at my wrists with a plastic spoon. I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wal-mart is from the devil.

    I'm in a life sucks right now mode also today. Okay, not just today. Let's say the last couple of weeks.

    Hop right back on the budget. You can do it. You are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can we send bacon? We don't have your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want bacon.
    I'm gonna make the last of my week old package. Muhaha...


    Love the rest of your post as usual, yadda yadda get out of MN already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on my way out the door to hijack a refrigerated truck filled with BACON, and not that fake doggy strip BEGGIN bacon either, the real McCoy man, greasy yummy cripsy cooked up parts of PIG bacon.

    I'll let you know when I've found the truck!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow on this entry. I have a million comments going through my head and none quite seem worthy of this post.
    You actually bought something? A sandwich? I think you need something a whole lot stronger than a sandwich.
    Part of my job was dealing with ins co's, collections & collection companies when I ran medical practices, and it was hard for those of us who knew all the ins & outs to fix some things so for the average person with no medi knowledge it is triple hell. To have to go thru what you did with the baby & then pay the money- and to still be harassed is unconscionable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Speaking of bacon, Kroger had Oscar Meyer (the best brand on the planet) bacon on sale for a little over $3 last week. I picked up 3 helpings, cuz that shit is normally $6. I can't bring myself to spend $6 on bacon when the kids and I will eat $3 snausage links.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder what budget hell is like? Do you think they wave wads of cash in front of you while you continuously reach out, only to grasp air? Cause that would be my kind of hell....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. That's a lot for a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's just one big suckety suck out your way. I'm crossing Minnesota off my list of possible places to live.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, my husband got a collection letter from a two year old hospital bill, which should never have gone to collections... he did some research and filed a thing with small claims court for around $30, and that made it go away really fast. They don't want the trouble - collection companies buy those debts for around 10 cents on the dollar. If they don't drop it, you could just threaten small claims, and that might do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Walmart does suck, but I cant resist the crazies that are wandering around there...they call to me

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate-hate-HATE Wal-Mart. I am convinced that there is a special hell just for Wal-Mart personnel, and I truly hope for your sake that it’s nowhere near budget hell. Because, really, I know that hell is supposed to be brutal and everything, but that would just be too much.

    Here, have some bacon, on me because I adore you:

    http://bacolicio.us/http://zipbagofbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Shit what type of terrible person buys a "king" cake with a baby in it?

    That freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live in Asscrack, USA and my only option is Walmart, so if you thing about it and Walmart really is the devil then that means I live in hell.
    Huh. That explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I live in Asscrack, USA and my only option is Walmart, so if you thing about it and Walmart really is the devil then that means I live in hell.
    Huh. That explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hospitals are assholes. And no, if you are making payments they can't take you to collections. They were obviously fucking with you.
    Feel better girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love random thoughts by Cat! Love it - Love it! I am very curious about the home wreckers thing....explain??

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh god, the little five year old...i cannot stand it, and now i can't think of anything else :(

    it's so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow that rapid fire post almost threw my ADD into overdrive...
    I hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have bacon. But you have to come over soon or it will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  29. first of all, I'm glad you're liking my web series and second I believe the reason is b/c you and I were separated at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fuck you cancer is right. But here's a funny to cheer you up ... no it's not bacon, but I hear Rob Riggle smells like bacon, so it's almost as good.

    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/855ea160d2/the-daily-show-fk-you-cancer-from-stand-up-to-cancer

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.