Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Is Your Refrigerator Running? Better Beat It With A Crowbar.

So I got a text from Barack Obama this morning.

Let me back up. I was sleeping on the couch, not because I was in any sort of trouble with the Mr., but because I'm a really light sleeper and recently Gray has begun to...ahem...snore like a giant grizzly bear, and also because our mattress is an old piece of shit that is basically shaped like a taco shell, so Gray rolls his big ass into the bottom of the taco, which means he's usually laying on/cutting off circulation to one of my extremities, so I have to wake him up and ask him to scootch over, but by the time I start to drift back to sleep, my arm is once again pinned under the taco meat.

So I've been sleeping on the couch more and more lately, and last night was one of these times. I got up around 4:00, shuffled out to the living room, grabbed my cell phone to set the alarm clock, and proceeded to sleep like the dead until the alarm went off at 6:00. At which time, I noticed I'd received a text message sometime between 4 and 6 a.m. which, like, usually isn't a good thing except that if it were a really bad thing, it would have been a call instead of a text, and also that just shows you how well I sleep when Gray isn't laying on my arm: I'm on the couch in a room that's half-lit because of all the damn exterior lights, and I somehow manage to sleep through a text message even though my phone is 3 inches from my ear.

So I check the message, and I know it's from a stranger because it starts with a "+" instead of with a name, and the area code is 706, which is not a Minnesota area code, and the message says simply, "Hello." WHO THE FUCK SENDS A CASUAL "HELLO" TEXT AT 4:51 AND FORTY SECONDS, I'd like to know?

So I reply back with, "Who is this?" expecting maybe my friend in North Carolina to say she got a new number, or something like that, and forgot about the difference in time zones for a moment when she decided to text me before 5 a.m. instead of sleeping like a normal fucking person.

I started heading to the shower when I heard my message alert sound, so I hustled over to my phone, curious about who the mystery texter could be, and the message said, "Who dis".

Ok, so now I knew the mystery texter was A) black, and also B) texting random phone numbers, because he clearly didn't know who I was even though he said "hello" not more than 2 hours prior. At first I figured this was some new-fangled version of the prank call, The Prank Text, except if that were true, then this kid really sucked at prank texting because it didn't involve penis or balls OR my mother, so I realized I was missing some vital piece of information in this whole circus.

That's when it hit me: the only black person I know is Barack Obama. And he has a blackberry. And he was texting his new friend Cat to say "Hello" in hopes that I will join him on his mission of YES WE CAN, except it didn't sound like he was communicating with me in an "official" capacity, so the only explanation is that he wanted a booty call.

President Barack Obama wants a piece of dis ass.

*Updated* turns out the number 706-599-7366 is a AT&T/Cingular cell phone located in Toccoa, Georgia. So unless Obama's down south eatin' collard greens, I'm going to have to assume this is some kid being funny. Let's teach him what prank texts are really all about, shall we?

16 comments:

  1. LOL ITS SO ON CAT! Do your thing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to text now. I'm going to wait until around 3AM and do it because I don't sleep much. I'm also going to call it and give the number to all of my friends. This will get me through this crappy week no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had my first wrong number text yesterday. it was pretty exciting. in fact, i'm going to write about it today.
    (it wasn't actually exciting)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you guys are going to hassle that poor kid until he gets grounded and goes over his limit. You know you can send spoof text messages online, right? Get on that.

    Too bad Barack didn't send it, I like that dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got bored so I started prank messaging him. He says sorry! He didn't know it was wrong number. Oh, his name is Josh and he is 22 from Toccoa GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so old I have two landlines and no cell phone. I also have a desktop and a laptop, but look! Still no cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good one - send it to the barack camps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how would Gray feel about you gettin' yo freak on with the leader of the Free World?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shit cracked me up.

    The last time I accidentally called a random number, I got a "WHO IS THIS?" text.

    Uncertain as to why this fuckbag felt the need to YELL at me while asking, who dis?, I replied, "Sorry...I dialed your number on accident."

    His reply: "I FIND YOU..."

    Hopefully it was Barack. I'm still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did not just say that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @witchypoo I can do one better. I got all that plus a real fax machine. You know, the big ones that come with a corded handset and that have giant rolls of carbon paper in them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you sleep soundly in a half lit room with a phone 3 inches from your ear beeping..
    I'm the same way!

    However Karen doesn't snore.. but she smacks her lips. I'm guessing she's dreaming of chocolates. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to get up to sleep on the sofa when JR snored. Now, I poke him until he is black and blue. He gets up to sleep on the sofa now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a pot load of crazy!!! Time to change ya digits methinks!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.