Thursday, August 20, 2009

Juicy

These little fellows are as ripe as they're going to get and are starting to fall off the vine, the vine which happens to climb all over the arbor, the arbor which happens to be positioned directly over our deck, the part of the deck which happens to support our deck chairs, the chairs which happen to be where we sit outside smoking, which I was doing last night, which is how I came to step on what I thought was a gigantic green booger. IN MY BARE FEET.

Time to prune, yes?

15 comments:

  1. Seriously? You gorw these? Totally jealous. But not of the green booger feet. That not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stepped on a slug once in bare feet. I don't recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what you get for smoking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could make yourself some wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do your gigantic green boogers pop when you step on them? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wait. Smoking causes grapes? That should be on a warning label, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo! Completely jealous of your abundance of fresh produce which, by the way, eating healthy totally cancels out the smoking (to anyone giving you crap).

    ReplyDelete
  8. mother nature is subtly telling you to move your chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are you, in my backyard? I spent a couple hours Sunday trimming back the massive grave vine/leafy cave that separates me from my neighbor.
    I ate a grape or two, and if you can peel the little buggers they're not bad!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pick and eat. The end.
    Part deux. Give to Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids LOVE grapes. Send them down.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.