Monday, August 17, 2009

The Price of Fame

I've sunk to new lows for you people: stalking deformed animals for your viewing pleasure. I might as well paste "Flab Beach Bodies" all over this post just to sell more copies. I don't think I can make it in the tabloid world. I'll have to leave that to Courtney Cox and her lipstick vibrator.

Nevertheless, here is the best shot I could get of Mr. Albino Squirrel. I literally followed him around the neighborhood until I was close enough that he didn't wind up looking like a Q-tip in the damn picture. Did I mention I was just wearing a t-shirt? I can still hear the neighbor's laughing as I turned back towards the house, and one lady asked, "Did you get it?" meaning the shot, and she was totally snickering. Bitch.

"MUST HIDE ACORNS FROM RACCOON."



"QUICK. AM BEING FOLLOWED BY HUMAN."

The white raccoon has proven more elusive than his rodent counterparts. I spent most of Saturday peering out into the yard through the rain, watching for him to make an appearance. And then I remembered that raccoons are nocturnal so I planned an all-night stake-out, but Gray convinced me that the chances of the same white raccoon showing up at a specific location on our property three times in one week was incredibly unlikely, so I decided to cheat and instead of a picture of our albino raccoon, I provide you with this:

This is a dead albino raccoon. I know it doesn't look like a raccoon, but it totally is one. Hence the confusion at our house.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, if you leave food for them, they will come. Usually shortly after full dark, while you are on the patio, drinking your beer after tantalizing the woodland creatures with the smell of BBQ meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of a dead whatever it is, anyway. much better than a shitty little raccoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SQUEEE! I want the squirrel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not a raccoon. It is obviously some kind of possum-fox hybrid mutoid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! He's just sleeping, right? just a quick power nap in the road? Poor little cracker honky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear. what is is in the water around those parts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fucking hysterical. I am glad to know that I am not the only one do random things for the sake of my (12) readers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yer kinda twisted, aintcha?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like you. It's a woman after my own heart who posts pictures of dead animals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Road kill for dinner? You could invite the albino squirrel... which, by the way, is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! I love those pictures! (The ones of the living albino, the dead albino just made me sad.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it weird that I think the squirrel is cute?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That action shot of the squirrel is pretty cool. I'd run too if you were following me. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. albino squirrel and a raccoon. How the hell did that happen all in one place? are you sure you didn't color them white and then make them pose for you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What the hell is in your water to produce all these freaks of nature?! (you not withstanding) I want a white squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.