Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For:

Tomorrow, I mean. Thankful for tomorrow.

There's a reason Thanksgiving is only a one-day holiday. Otherwise, people would get stabbed, or exsanguinated like Arnette, and probably by me. If you know who I'm talking 'bout, be careful not to fall down the well.

I am thankful to have an in-tact spine.

I am thankful for my houseboy/personal chef.

I am thankful for Excel spreadsheets.

I am thankful for the lusty dreams of adolescence, coming back by surprise.

I am thankful (in hindsight) for the taste of EVERYTHING.

I am thankful to friends when they send me cards in the mail.

I am thankful for shower chairs.

I am thankful that I can now burn my shower chair for warmth.

I am thankful for my handy father and his help around the new house.

I am thankful that, for the fist time ever, I have been able to hole up under blankets with mugs of decaf coffee during the first two snowfalls of the season.

I am thankful that SATC 2 is out on Blu-Ray.

I am thankful for Tootsie Rolls, which I hated until recently. They used to hurt my teeth.

Vibrators. Nuff said.

I am thankful for doctors who give the green light to resume...marital relations.

I am thankful that I get! To! Cook! just in time for Thanksgiving! Not exactly from scratch, but it beats Gray alone in the kitchen, although Stouffer stock may take a hit.

Have a good one, ya'll. Please PLEASE have a cocktail for me.

Gobble Gobble.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty slow to hear stuff these days! I didn't know what was going on with you until right now, so let me go through the steps:
    Oh No!!!
    Worry..
    Cautious relief
    Joining you in counting your blessings.

    (I seriously did all that in about ten minutes as I read through the last few posts. How did I miss this??)

    I truly am SO grateful you're mending, and that we still get to hear from you, Cat. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that you are feeling so much better. How about I have two drinks for you? Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had way more than one. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy fuck, dude. I missed all of this and I'm a total ass for it.

    I'm so glad you're ALIVE. Jesus. Shit.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.