Sunday, December 12, 2010

On a Lighter Note

We got a lot of snow here this weekend. I was confined to the house (thanks to Nurse Gray) and therefore could only take photos of him clearing the snow. Nothing interesting, but also...nothing cold. Or slippery.

Or interesting.

Thankfully, some friends of ours had mercy and let us borrow their snow thrower. As you can see, the accumulation was rather deep on the driveway, so it would have killed Gray to shovel it all by hand. 


Our driveway, unlike most of our neighbors, begins on at the front of our house and continues all the way to the rear of our property. Then there's the front sidewalk, the side-sidewalk, the back sidewalk and the deck, then we have to shovel a path for walking to the garage, and another for rolling the garbage bins around the side of our garage, where most of the (SMART) neighbors have just a short pad to park their cars.



When the deck and yard was filled up with so much snow that Bampa was waist-high, and shovelling was pointless due to the crazy wind, he decided just to crap inside. We couldn't blame him.


The weather is much better this morning, but the driveway remains impassable. Gray is chomping away with the shovel until the snow is a manageable depth for the snow thrower, but he's also exhausted and probably losing his mind a little bit. Unless he's pretending he's an arctic explorer, in which case it's too late for him anyway.


Oh, and the Metrodome broke under the weight of the snow. HOORAY! No football today!

Bundle up, kids.

7 comments:

  1. I know I shouldn't tempt fates, but I'm jealous. Everywhere but New York (dude, even GEORGIA and SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA...I heard it doesn't even RAIN there!) has gotten snow and I'm throwing a fit about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord how those pictures remind me of the two winters we spent in Ft. Wayne. THe neighbors had contests to see who could snow blow the snow off the driveway and sidewalks FIRST! We paid the kid next door to shovel. Win-win. Hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's at times like this that I'm glad I live in Houston. Of course, feel free to call me on this the next time we have a hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fuckload of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good god. yeah-- we got some snow, but not that much, yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I shouldn't complain. We got maybe 3-5 inches here. I despise snow. :(
    I can relate to the dog thing though. My girls are so spoiled that if it's raining or snowing they refuse to do their business outdoors and end up going on puppy pads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a HELLA lot of snow!! We haven't had much here, yet, thank GOD, I don't have a plow guy lined up yet.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.