Friday, March 11, 2011

Speechless

Well, I lost a Follower.

Can't say I blame It. I've been MIA for two weeks now. But there's a good reason, I swear:

I started drinking again. And it's magical.

But no, that's not why. Our Bampa died on the 26th. I need to write about his life and his death and what he meant to our fucking crazy clan, but I just haven't been able to do it, and writing about anything else just seems like a kick in the formerly-present, presently-former balls of my dearly departed Bear-bear. He deserves a proper tribute, and I've been avoiding it because...well...I don't know. Just because.

I haven't been in a creative writing mood lately, more of a DIY mode filled with sharp objects and deep splinters, so the thought of expressing myself verbally has been very much akin to scraping red-hot blown glass over my labia and then inserting the fried labia into my eyeball.

And so there. I'm not writing a post now. Because I'm not ready.

But things are Happening in our den, so I'll be back soon, probably with a hangover, but hopefully with actual words.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry dear...Bampa sure was a beautiful dog...my heart goes out to you guys...I just wrote yesterday about the very real prospect of losing our dog very soon to cancer... knowing what is coming is crushing my heart.
    Again, my deepest sympathies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor love. Don't worry about taking your time to write a tribute - I lost a beloved cat back in November and still haven't written about her. Not sure that I will, actually. I miss her all the time but I'm glad to have known her and her crabby ways. Alcohol always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. Poor fuzzy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. Sometimes a blog break does the soul good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so sorry to hear about Bampa.

    I just remembered that I never answered your BlogHer question but I'm not going this year. It's too damn far away and last year was just so so. Not sure where it'll be next year but maybe if it's not too far and if I'm still blogging, I'll try to go.

    Have fun, you crazy kid.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.