Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All kinds of disturbing

When tearing out the hideous landscaping rock, I dug up giant clumps of roots that were halting our shovels' progress. I may have screamed at them, "I don't know what you think you are, plant, but I didn't give you permission to grow here so you've GOT TO GO."

We left a big bunch of them growing by the deck because they weren't hurting anything there and I was curious what they were. Turns out I killed a bunch of bleeding hearts. Threw them away. In the garbage. With a smile on my face.



We bought a new TV (OUR VERY FIRST FLAT SCREEN!) from a friend who is moving and didn't need this one in his bedroom anymore. I just realized I should have dunked it in Purell. Don't tell Gray.

Did I mention it's a 46" flat screen? And that we have it? In our house? Cause we do!



Things are just starting to grow here.
If you're lucky enough to live in a state in which spring began prior to May 7th, then I fucking hate you.



Kylie and I garage-saled our asses off on Saturday. She made me stop buying when there was no longer room in my car for another item. She wouldn't let me tie her to the hood. I love Kylie, but she can be really selfish sometimes. You should have seen how crowded my trunk hostages were.



I don't know what this thing is, but I want one for my very own self.



I haven't had a pedicure in a long time, but I wanted to wear open-toed shoes this morning, so I'm such a genius that my solution what to paint a non-matching color over the existing, comically-grown out polish. The result was a horrible mash up that part melted crayon, part gangrene. It didn't occur to me that I could, oh, you know, REMOVE THE GODDAMN POLISH FROM THE TIP OF MY BIG TOE.

And then I realized you can see my non-painted third toes, anyway.



Here's a word of advice to all you ass hats on Facebook whose only photos are of themselves posing shirtless in front of a builder-grade bathroom mirror with their camera phones: Not only do we not wish to see fourteen *slightly* varied poses of your jaw line, but next time you might want to include a friend in your photo. So we think you have friends. Hell, even a stuffed abominable snowman is better that what you've got.


And oh yeah: I have shingles.



Don't the graphics make them look like more fun? Because in reality, they feel like a semi ran over my shoulder, then it backed up over the other side of my shoulder, and also the semi's eighteen wheels were made from rubberized spider poison and the hounds of hell.

And because I've only read of youngish people getting shingles, and because I don't have the time/inclination to make my very own Shingle Tribute video, may I present to you Heather's:

4 comments:

  1. LOL on the nail polish. today was the first day of open-toed shoes for me as well so i quickly removed my 3week old pre-vacation, nastily chipped toe polish and swiped on a new coat, not even bothering to clean up the polish i got on my skin.

    spring just started for us like, this week. we don't even have any leaves on our trees yet! good score on the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay flat screen! Boo shingles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A MINI-WOOKIEE!! I want one too! And shingles suck massive ass (not in the good way), I had an outbreak whilst seriously stressed. Steroids and cortisone helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so have gone on the hood for more treasures!! Hey, it is a great way to get fresh air and I totally do the same thing with the nail polish, i always try to go a shade darker though - and the unpainted third toe - priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.