Monday, July 11, 2011

What. The. Hell.

Where have I been, you ask?

Wait, you didn't ask? Good thing I don't give a flying V, eh?

Let's see, I...
  • Went to the shrink to learn that I'm not bipolar. I'm just really, really wacked overall. So there's that. Lots of therapy lies ahead of me.
  • Then I got laid off. Excuse me, I got "temporarily furloughed," and so did Gray.ON THE SAME DAY. So it's going to be just *that* much more difficult to pay for said therapy.
  • Then I helped one of my very best friends start packing because she is moving WAY FAR AWAY.
  • While I was helping her move, I slipped down the stairs and broke my big toe in two places. No joke, the fracture is "L" shaped. And no, I wasn't drunk. I wasn't even drinking. Except coffee, but it wasn't laced absinthe with or anything. I AM JUST THAT FUCKING CLUMSY.
  • Then Angel Butt and Five Head came to visit and we've been alternating between subsequent, ridonkulous video game challenges issued from Gray to Five Head (some kind of odd 35 year old to 12 year old bonding thing, no? They have more in common than Gray and I do.) and sleep overs with 4-year-old girls. Did you know that children don't push themselves on the swing? That you have to do it FOR them? It's all very exhausting. 
  • Then, thanks to the no-jobs thing, we ran out of booze. And painkillers. Did I mention I broke my toe? And then Angel Butt accidentally stamped on it just when it was starting to fit into a regular shoe again?
  • NO JOB THING.
So I'm a bit stressed. Turns out polishing up my resume is about the exact opposite of fun. Or exciting. Or bearable.

And applying for unemployment is almost impossible, did you know that? There are all these...forms and...questions and...OUCHIE BRAIN.

Did I mention I've done all of this sober?

I don't write about work here, for obvious reasons (if they find the bag of body parts in my office drawer, I am totally fucked) so I have had very little to divulge except "ouch" and "ouch" and, oh: OW MOTHERFUCKER.

July is awesome so far.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE MY FLYING V!!
    One day, Gray and I will jam and I'll use it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you need to stay away from stairs. You just can't seem to negotiate them and stay upright. Sorry to hear about the job loss. Think of polishing the resume as a chance for creative writing without the swear words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww baby!! So sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope the no-job situation resolves quickly. Hugs, J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! How horrible! Hope things turn around SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the hell? Laid off? Simultaneously? So not cool, sorry to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to pay a shrink? I can do it for free ya know.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.