Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quirky

Hey, you out there! Lurkers! Yeah, you. Dawne. Tolz. You know who you are. Hi. How are you? I like your shoes. Can I borrow them? Awesome thanks. Feel free to comment, really, I won't bite. It's the interweb. I can't bite, I tried.

I'm obsessed with checking my email right now. It's ridiculous. I sit there and click the "check mail" button over and over, just thinking maybe, in the last 3 seconds, someone might have sent me an email and I DON'T WANT TO MISS IT. Apparently I'm lonely. Or pathetic. Actually, those two go hand in hand, don't they? Hmm. Must consider over a bottle of wine or two whilst talking to myself and picking lint from my toes.

Am I the only who...?

...taps my toes when I go over a seam in the asphalt of the road, and when I pass telephone poles? You know, like either tap one foot just as I'm going past them, or one foot on just before and one foot just after, sort of like a straddle tap?

...has to sit lined up with things? Like on the bench where we smoke outside our building, we face the fence that surrounds the swimming pool, and I have to sit on the bench so I'm smack dab in between the main support posts of the fence. Otherwise I feel off kilter.

...has to straighten picture frames everywhere I go? Wish it were socially acceptable to carry a little level with me for this purpose?

...flosses my teeth obsessively, but not the bottom molars because I always bleed when I floss those? Offer tooth floss to guests after we've eaten?

...has to wash up in the shower in the exact same sequence every day, or I feel like I need to re-shower? Face, shampoo, conditioner, body (neck to feet direction), shave, rinse conditioner, re-rinse everything else, and flip my hair like a dog?

...hates talking on the phone more than anything else on earth? Hates checking my voice mail because it might result in having to talk on the phone?

...can't have wet hair touch my neck or back without getting skeeved out, and so must dress with a towel on my head?

ANYONE?

***

Anyhow, this is my Sunday post. I'm writing it Friday because, well, you never know what might happen to prevent me from posting. I could be swallowed by a whale, or kidnapped by the Russians. Or I could spend all day in bed watching the same episodes of Friends over and over, and pretending like they're talking to me when they say, "I'll be there for you."

I've come too far with this NaBlowMePo to give up now. I can leave nothing to chance. I NEED that badge for my sidebar, the one that says I Survived NaBloPoMo. Why? Eh, I take any validation I can get. You know those ribbons they give out to children, even the losers, because they want them all to feel like winners? Yeah, they always ran out of them before they got to me. I have the worst luck! Gawd.

10 comments:

  1. I feel it incumbent upon me to inform you that there are many psychiatric health professionals who could do you a world of good and any number of fascinating pharmaceuticals that could help to solve your problems and perhaps give you at least a slim chance at living a Normal Life.
    I’ll light a candle for you later when I get to the all-night Novena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need more distractions from those habits. I used to have things like not being bale to eat M and Ms unless it was in multiples of five. And then I had two kids and god bless it they made my life MESS-MESS-MESSY. I have no time for those kind of habits ay more. You're just not stimulated by your life enough. Go challenge yourself. It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check my email obsessively too, don't worry. This nappyblowmething is tough, isn't it? I've started writing a bunch of posts ahead too... I wrote six on Friday night (yes, I'm a loser). I have to be able to spend time away from the blog with the family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you on the picture frame thing, the showering in order thing, and most especially the phone thing. The only two that get a pass on the phone are my mom and my husband. Other than that...ick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply just wash my hands after anything I find distasteful or if I have a feeling of something on them like food or grease or even petting an animal or a dusty table.

    I do have a thing about straightening pictures but I wouldn't generally touch someone else's pictures unless it was at a family member's house. I keep my hair short so I don't have to feel wet hair on my head, but now that I'm letting it grow out, I do put the towel on my head unless I blow dry it.

    I have a thing where if I step on a painted line on the road and cracks in the sidewalk with one foot, I feel like I have to step on one with the other foot too or my foot feels weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would hate it at my house, all my pictures are not straight. The husband makes fun of me all the time for it. I am sure this is a dis-order as well, who knows!

    The shower thing we are just alike. I shake just like dogs and it ticks the husband off, so I do it just for that reason now. I dont mind my hair touching my neck.

    I HATE voicemails. I get up to 20 and finally decide I will listen to them. I wish there was a delete all button. My true friends know not to leave them or else they will never be spoken to again...ok half of that is true!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this coming from the girl who makes fun of ME for opening the bathroom door with a tissue. FREAK!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All this coming from the girl who makes fun of ME for opening the bathroom door with a tissue. FREAK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dammit, are the Russians back to kidnapping again? They got me three times last year.

    I'm with you on the phone thing. Hate it. I like text.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made it in your blog post so I decided I should write!

    You know who!

    By the way, unemployment sucks!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.