Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Death to "No Reply-Comment"

I was over at Mama Kat's site yesterday, and she linked to a blog called The Secret is in the Sauce, a website devoted to blog etiquette and tips. They just so happened to post about the very thing which was baffling my dumb ass last month: The No-Reply Comment email address.

You know when people comment on your post, and you get the comment sent to your email inbox, and you click "reply" so you can...you know...REPLY to their comment. But then you realize the email address says "noreply-comment[at]blogger.com". And because you're smarter than me, you realize that HEY! That's not a real address! This person won't get my reply if I send it there!

Yeah, well Heather and Tiffany at SITS explain how to fix that problem:

"Now, go into your profile page and choose "edit your profile".
Check the box that says "show my email address".
Then, on that same page under Identity, type in your email where it says "Email address". "

So, my bloggy freaks - the secret to THIS sauce is editing your own damn profile so that people can reply to your comments without jumping through all those damn hoops. Jesus, get with the program everybody! Go update your profile settings RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!

I did mine last night. You're welcome.

11 comments:

  1. I hate that too but I have mine setup so you have to enter an email address to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. All this time I have been either not replying or else going to their blog and leaving a reply there. It never occurred to me that I could reply to the email comments. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...then you get a lot of emails from weird girls who send you naked pictures. But, of course, you never get pictures from the girls you WANT to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm... well we are both stupid then because I've just been replying to that address anyway having no clue.
    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok seriosly I just started thinking about all the "No Reply" emails I sent. Wow, I feel like a total dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two blogspot accounts. (Greedy) This one I am logged into now is probably different, but they both have been updated thanks to you.
    Learn something new every day. I didn't check it because I thought spammers would get my address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea how or what to do. Whatever. I don't need answers to my comments. I'm happy just knowing you'll read it. And I read your stuff. It's already pretty karmically complete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Witchypoo - they totally can get your email address. I can send you an email if you want proof...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know how much time I have likely spent writing replies to nobody? Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! YES! I hate it when that happens. I have sent so many emails to the noreply@blogger bastards.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.