Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Ten of 2008

Thanks to Kat over at Mama's Losin' It for the prompt for today. I've got all these little notes jotted down regarding things I'd like to talk about here (even more Arkansas dreams about the devil, how I zested my thumb, my goals for 2009), but to be perfectly honest with you, I don't fucking feel like writing today.


I'm going to participate in the Writer's Workshop instead. And instead of making an actual Top Ten list, I'm going to share my ten most favoritest photos from 2008. SOOOOO cheating, I know that, but I am both a cheater AND a pumpkin eater, so it works out nicely. Plus, you people are all lackadaisical with your blog posting right now - yes, I'm totally talking to you, where the hell have you been the past 10 days when I've been at work surfing the Internet for something to entertain me? I've been bored out of my damn mind, and it's all your fault. Comments are down, posting is down, it's really a shame when everyone puts their family and holiday traditions first. Before the crazy Interweb strangers. That shit hurts.

So here you go, you lazy, vacation-taking, family-loving fools -
My Top Ten Pics from 2008:
10) New Year's Eve 2007
(I won't be drinking tonight, so my smile will likely be about 1/4 of the size)

9) With Gray (his first time in Cali) in March
8) Our baby niece Angel Butt
We miss her every fucking day since she moved to Arkansas.

7) My quarter century birthday in April
There is no better way to celebrate than with Guinness, bowling, and licking things.

6) Huntington Beach boardwalk
Colors aren't bright like this right now, so my eye was drawn to this photo.
PRIMARY! COLORS! OHMYHELL!!

5) Camping by the Minnesota River for Memorial Day


4) Down by the Minnesota river
3) Visiting my dog Cola at her new home
I was so happy to know they torture her at least as often as I used to.
2) Rocking the dock
Back when everything was simple and backne was an urban legend
1) Just one of the many reasons Mac computers are superior to PCs.

Happy New Years everybody!
I'll try to suck less next year, but I'm not making any promises.

19 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Isn't it a rule that you have to torture your pets by dressing them up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like your spin on the assignment...reminiscent AND easy AND fun to look at. You're on to something here missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet! And, to be quite honest, I thought you were older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post, my friend.

    By the way, you're only 25?! 25?! Gee-zus, I'm old enough to be your... much older sister. You suck.

    Oh, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years.

    Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, can I get a bone here? I totally posted at least 2 times this week.

    Oh, and happy new years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon. I totally did my share by writing you at least five emails today. That they were only one sentence long is beside the point.

    I am way older than you too. If I had gotten pregnant the first time I had sex, you could be my daughter. Except I have never been to Arkansas. (Actually, I am not quite sure about how true that is, because my math skills have deserted me. Plus I can't remember how old I am, or how old I was when I first had sex. But never mind. It's close enough to true. Not the part about never having been to Arkansas. I am almost 100$ certain that is true.)

    So, see? We really could adopt you. But you would have to move to Alaska and see Sarah Palin on the news and freeze your ASS off. Wait. You live in Minnesota, so the ASS freezing part is already in effect...

    I think my new year's resolution is to vomit randomness into people's comments. Because God knows I am doing enough of it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You dont suck happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cola dog and I have the same outfit (and yes, right now I am being a lazy butt about writing).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that your 100th post of 100 embarassing things more than made up for any lack of list making... seriously. For, like, two days I tried to come up with 100 anything and got to about 12 before giving up.

    Plus, the pictures are wonderful. I think I might flake out on the list thing now, too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, darlin, and thank you so much for the entertaining reads.
    Right now, my blogging mojo is a nosho, because I have to be at my desktop for work, and my old lady back has developed an aversion to it.
    I'm totally slagging out on the laptop now, with a nice pillow behind me.
    I luff you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Pictures. Hope your smile gets big tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, it has already been said, but....

    YOU ARE ONLY 25?

    WHAT.

    THE.

    FUCK?

    I feel old.

    Happy New Year and all that shit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see no suck here. I see only good fun and I like it. I like it a lot.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nikki: If it's not, it should be.

    Mama Kat: On onto a lot of things, and most of them wish I'd get the hell off them.

    Bobbie Leigh: Thanks!

    J.: Thanks, I'm hoping by 30 I can pass as 85.

    Diane: You're my older twin, just born before me. You're the one who caused the tearing, you bitch. 16 stitches ma had.

    KMcJoseph: Right back atcha.

    Kate: I almost typed "Hate" instead of "Kate" and that would have been funny. Why didn't I leave it that way?

    Kel: You're totally right, you did post often this week. You had big news, too!

    Julie: You did keep me super entertained yesterday. That blank email was the best! I see Sarah Palin on the news here, too. That's why I've got claw marks all down my face.

    Suzie: Thanks! You don't suck either!

    Last Place Finisher: That's super HOTT

    Lacey: You could list 100 drugs you don't make.

    witchypoo: All's fair in luff and warfs.

    desi: It was super big, thanks for sending the smile mojo!

    Jenny: Don't feel old, feel young. It's the only way you'll relive that time in your life!

    blueviolet: Oh honey, it's here. You just have to look harder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your post, youre funny as hell.

    Glad I found you!!

    Happy New Year!!
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who are you calling lazy? I've made it a point to post my way through the holidays, even if some of them were cheat picture posts.
    Love the pictures but now I want a vacation. And that baby is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.