Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm Just All Kinds of (drugged up) Fancy Over Here

I hope nobody flung themselves from a bridge yesterday when they realized I hadn't posted anything here. Because I'd really hate to be responsible for an expensive body recovery mission. Although if you live around here, where the air temperature hasn't been above zero degrees since Monday, you would have just landed on ice below the bridge, and all they would have to do is send one of those rescue dogs out on the ice to drag you back to shore (preferably the kind of rescue dog that is trained not to eat dead animals, because that's what you'd be). In which case, I hope I'm listed as your "next of kin" so I can come and look at you in the morgue. I've never seen a dead person before! Ok, that's not really true. But I've never seen a dead person who died from flinging themselves off a bridge because I didn't post to my blog yesterday. I imagine it would be a humbling experience. Humbling and inspirational.

I'm following too many blogs. Seriously. There are 196 new posts in my Google Reader since yesterday. YESTERDAY! This isn't going to work. I'm going to have to break up with some of you. I'm in school now. I have actual reading assignments that don't involve you people. I tried to convince the Dean that because I'm a famous blogger with 55 (!!) followers, and because I read so many other blogs on a daily basis, that technically I've fulfilled all the requirements for my English degree, and I shouldn't have to take any additional courses. They should just give me the diploma. Don't you think?


I guess he didn't agree. Something about "academic standards" and "living in reality", I don't know, he kept using all these fancy terms I didn't understand so I kind of tuned him out after a while. I'm pretty sure he was just making up stuff to intimidate me (NO WAY is "unconscionable" real word), which I think is really fucking unprofessional behavior for someone in his position at a university. Not only is he refusing to grant me a diploma for all of my hard work and determination during my first class of the semester, but he's also discriminating against me because I'm a blogger, and I intend to take it up with Al Sharpton as soon as I lose my "sexy black lady/heavy smoker" voice.


At first, I really appreciated all of your comments about my Really Fucking Bad Day. (Except for you, Kel. If I wanted to hear that kind of "be grateful for what you have" crap, I'd go to church. Shut up and go back to the beach.)


But then I realized that if you guys had actually wanted to make me feel better, you would have done what Sheri from Sheri's World did, which is give me TWO awards on your blog, which is almost as good as getting a check in the mail. Except not quite as good because there's no money for me. But thanks anyways, Sheri. It's the thought that counts. And yes, I'm truly a beautiful butterfly, thank you for noticing.


It seems that word got around the Interweb about how fantastic I am, because then I got a comment from Teri (rhymes with Sheri - coincidence? I think so) at Cold Lemonade, informing me that she was jumping on the Cat's Awesome bandwagon by awarding me the Lemonade Stand award. I'm choosing to believe that the "50 cents" on the icon has NOTHING to do with the fact that Teri thinks I'm a cheap slut. Because nobody taps this for less than $80, yo.


Then, it's like the Universe is totally apologizing for being such a raging bitch on Monday, because I got ANOTHER award from my Latin lover Petra from The Wise (*Young*) Mommy. This award is special because it's not really based on my blogging abilities, but on my abilities to please a woman in bed. I know you all are totally imagining that right now, so I'll pause a moment......................................sexy, right? I know, it's hard for me just to get ready in the morning because I want to tear my own clothes off, which is counterproductive to arriving at work on time. I've got all my mirrors covered over with sheets, and it's got nothing to do with vampires (although that's an admitted bonus).



All these awards had rules. Rules I don't wish to follow. At all. So I'm going to make my own rules, and pass these along as follows:
  • To Elle Charlie from Sometimes A Girl Needs A Blog: I present to you the Lemonade Stand Award, because there's nobody who knows better how fucking sour life can be at times. But you keep on keepin' on, and the Universe awards you with funny shit like this (ok, maybe not funny now, but someday it will be - I certainly got a good chuckle out of it).
  • To my Jill at Confessions of a Desperate Housewife: I present to you the You Are Truly Beautiful Award, because...that one is pretty self-explanatory. I haven't seen your boobs in a while, but I'm guessing they're just at hott as ever they were. Also, think of how gorgeous you'll be after you're done with smoking!
  • To Anndi at Anndi's Transition: I present to you the Honest Scrap Award because you don't hold back. You're on this rad journey, and you're taking us all with you.
  • To Bobbie at Welcome to Bobbieland: I present to you the Butterfly Award because...well, it's the last one left, and I figured I'd better give you something so I didn't have to hear you whine about how nobody loves you and nobody comments on your blog. Seriously? Coming from the Queen of Attention Whores? You're a total slut. That's why I love you.

I know that almost none of that made any sense, but hopefully you'll go check out these docious blogs anyways. It's not their fault I'm all doped up on Sudafed (still) and talking to the giant green man in the corner of my office.

40 comments:

  1. And to Bobby G you present the I Barely Know You But Somehow I Find You Extremely Cool Award! Because You actually think I'm extremely cool! I hope I'm not on your blog cutlist because your comments crack my shit up! (pathetic attempt to get love)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does this mean you're dumping me? Bitch. I hate when my reader explodes like that and I can't get caught up. Blogging should be fun, not stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have dressed up for this.

    I think I'm having a Sally Field moment!

    You know about putting yourself out there, chica, and I've learned a lot from you. I'm glad I came back to blogging in time for this.

    Oh, and I totally feel the freezing cold thing, actually, I don't cause I'm numb. Are my extremities supposed to be all white and seemingly drained of blood?

    I have some catching up to do *off to read*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude.

    You are my only follower! I put all that effort in just for you, you ungrateful bitch. If you break up with me I will have to throw myself off a bridge.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't break up with me, we only just found each other! *puts hand to forehead in dramtatic Scarlett O'Hara type manner.*

    Could you please ask the giant green man if he has my left sock. The purple one.

    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about having too many blogs that you are following. Seriously when did blogging become my job. Please don't stop visiting the Bungalow or I might just do something irrational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbie G: Love has been bestowed upon you, my child.

    Casey: No, nobody who calls me "bitch" is getting dumped. I've got to maintain some standards.

    Anndi: Yes, you should have dressed up for this. That nightgown is so last season.

    Jenny: I'll never dump you. You don't post often enought to pose a challenge.

    Anna: Yes, he does. But he says he's not giving it back.

    Kat: Like moving to England?

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAT! At the risk of getting dumped its BOBBY, not Bobbie, contrary to popular belief im SANS vagina...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobby(ie): For that? I now call you Dink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DINK is better than Bobbie! lol Also on Twitter I called you out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me? Jeez i'm so humbled. I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on while clawing my way to the top. I'd also like to thank my Mom, my children and my pain in the ass husband. Oh yeah and God. Thank you. ::bows::

    ReplyDelete
  12. And me with one foot over the rail, and DAMMIT $75 bucks in my wallet...Well, I least i can step back onto the bridge, and that's cool.

    And you are distracting me again. Stop it. Between you and Petra I'm never going to get anything done! Well, stop it LATER. When I say so.

    Glad to have you back, and BOO-YAH on the awards! And you are correct, Anndi ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're breaking up with me?!~ We haven't even slept together yet. And yes, I pictured it! :) And, apparently, I have to use the word bitch to stick around your good side. (which is clearly your ass... as is mine. Which is why we're such a good pair!) :)

    And, if it's boobs you need... OHHH, I gots me some of those! :P

    Convinced you of my utter coolness yet?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nobody taps your ass for less than $80?! That's not what you told me last night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a challenge to post more.

    Even if it is just a post where I call you a dirty whore.

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. You fruity little gimp.
    It's girls like you who remind me that sometimes, and only sometimes, a woman can be a perfectly acceptable alternative to masturbation.
    But then I guess we all entered the world by way of the vagina...and that's as good a way as any, I guess.

    If we break up...I want my records back.
    And you have to let me know if that infection clears up. (I still have your "medicated" cream in the medicine chest. You may not want it back but the Next Guy will.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm, thanks I think?? No seriously, I'm truly honored, no really, stop I'm blushing....I'm only a whiney attention needy slut for you baby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sans penis... I just felt I needed to chime in on the Bobbie-Bobby Dinky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No one taps it for less than $80? What, do you have chocolate-flavored nipples? You are fancy. A fancy whore. I'm off to the beach now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, thanks Cat! I'm honored! I mean, my life is sour, as you pointed out (which I appreciate, because right now it IS pretty sour!) so that's not good. But at least I get an award out of it!!!!!

    Btw, -12 - wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  21. LMAO, I am killing myself here, you all are nutz. I really admire a warm and inviting group that throws around snuggly warm fuzzy commments the way this one does. ;)

    BTW Cat, It all made sense, laugh out loud funny girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bobbie=Sans Penis,
    Bobby=Penis!

    Schooled!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're keeping Casey for calling you a biotch... I called you a whore... are you dumping me? Is that not your word of choice anymore? Because if you dump me from your Reader, I will cry. And then I will drive from my freaking cold state to your freaking cold state and stalk you until you change your mind. You don't want that, do you? Yeah. Didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You really have to keep DeeMarie and I. Very, Very important. I'm not shitting you.

    Eggplant: slice into 1/2 inch slices. place in a colander that is setting on a bowl or something. You do not want to deal with eggplant drippings! Place a single layer of the eggplant slices in the colander. sprinkle with salt. keep layering and sprinkling with salt until you just don't have anymore. cover with paper towels. put a heavy object on top. let sit for 1 hour. See why I do this on the weekend. Big pain in the ass otherwise. Well worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Man, all these comments about you being hot and sexy and people just loving you are leaving me a bit speechless. And horny. Thanks. Thank god you're back- I did jump off the bridge, but my tenhead cracked the ice instead of the other way around. I lived to read another day. Thank you, sweet Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 196 since yesterday? How on EARTH are you keeping up with anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I figured you to be frozen in some ditch on the way to school. That they would find you with your tongue stuck to your computer because you were checking to see if it was true that if it got cold enough your tongue would stick to the screen on your laptop if you licked it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You deserve every single one of those awards and I didn't consider throwing myself off the bridge yesterday but I wondered if that's what you had done. I won't stand for it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's forty degrees ABOVE here, now, the snow is melting fast, and everything is covered with ice from the freezing rain last night. Two days in a row with no school. I snapped and tried to kill one of the children today. You just can't expect me to put up with them for 72 hours straight. It's inhumane.

    Maybe you will be licky, no you already are licky I am sure, maybe you will be lucky like me and have a sixty degree change in temperature soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. $80? How much is that in Canadian dollars?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hm. I'm not sure what to do here. Should I call you a bitch? Dress up for you? Find a bridge and throw myself off it? Give you an award?

    I'm pretty sure there's a way I can roll all of those things into one... Yes, yes, I have a plan...

    ReplyDelete
  32. OK, well, don't break up with me please because then I will be forced to have the tattoo I just got on my ass changed from I Heart Cat to something ridiculous like I Heart Cars, which is really untrue cause I am not really a car person.

    How did I not know you liked to be called bitch and whore? I love talking dirty in bed. We have to communicate about these things lover! I'll get you next time, promise ;)

    You little slut.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have total permission to come and look at my corpse. I you notice my blog languishing for a week or so, you might want to ask around and see if I'm still above ground so you don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I did notice you didn't blog yesterday.

    I missed you and your humor.

    I didn't fling myself off a bridge.
    I was having a good hair day.
    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dont break up with me. Ill change I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm not worried. Lately, I don't post enough to over run anybody's reader. I might just scare you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are very welcome for the awards! I am glad it made you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry I haven't been by lately. I missed you so much that I flung myself off this bridge, see, but it didn't kill me like I planned. It just gave me this crazy concussion, and I thought I was Marilyn Monroe for a couple of days. I'm all better now. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Um. Did you break up with me? I'll have to find a bridge with some ice under it.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.