Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kicking, With Screaming to Follow

Yes, I survived the dreaded dreds. It actually turned out to be a really interesting class and time passed by quickly and I learned shit and I felt special, warm fuzzies not included.

Unfortunately for me, I happened to mention tthis afternoon, to a down-and-out friend, that the only thing one must do, in order for one to acquire new blog fodder, is to complain about having nothing to blog about.

Then I further tempted The Universe by thinking to myself that despite my recent bout of "seasonal affective disorder" (self-diagnosed, naturally), everything in my life is really going along pretty damn well, and I'm not doing too shabby if I do say so myself.

Then I got home and checked the mail. It's a compulsion, what can I say?

In the mail was a letter from my student loan financier that told me they cancelled my spring disbursement of financial aid. So I called them, and they told me that the school was responsible for cancelling the disbursement and they have no information as to WHY THE FUCK the school may have done such a thing.

And of course the school is now closed until tomorrow morning.

So when you hear from me tomorrow, you will be hearing from a raving, sleepless lunatic who probably just turned in my analysis of the "scientific ethics" as presented in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, even though I'm not technically a student now that they cancelled my financial aid and dropped me from the class.

I have officially assumed the fetal position, and am actively pursuing a new career in the field of thumb sucking.

25 comments:

  1. That's horrible. I hope you get that sorted out. I'm sure you can work with them and come up with something.

    If not, let me know. I'll take them out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure all will be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be a baby. Grown-ups drink their feelings away, not suck their thumbs. Jesus. Have you learned nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ kel's comment.

    That really sucks, Cat. I've had to deal with school financial bullshit before. It's such a pain in the ass, but it is probably fixable. Just go in there with your guns ablazin' and put the paper smackdown on em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, you just brought back memories of my broke-ass college days spent waiting on student loans.

    I hope you get it all straightened out in a timely manner, I know how frustrating it is. Fuck them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bites! I always hated dealing with the financial aid office for both myself and my son. So much paperwork and confusion. Someone probably transposed a number in your student id or something. Wishing you good luck straightening it out. I'm sure someone will get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTF? That blows.

    I hope you get it all straightened out.

    Too bad I am not closer, I have rage to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might as well have kicked a black cat while spilling salt under a ladder.

    That sucks. I hope it is something that is easy to straighten out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you please lie down so I might repeatedly kick you in the ribs? Sometimes, every once in a great while, shit happens. I clerical ERROR occurs. More than likely though, you neglected to follow the financial disbursement directive that CLEARLY states you must call EVERY DAY to confirm that you, indeed, would like the disbursement to...disburse. Good luck, I eagerly await your insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! That is so not right! I feel for you and will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything gets worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have no idea who they're up against. Give it to em, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, that SUCKS. Who do you have to sleep with to get your financial aid back? If I had the money, I would give you the tuition and you could just sleep with me and it would be a win/win for everyone, but unfortunately I am broke as a joke, playa.

    In all seriousness, don't freak out, it is probably just an administrative mistake and it will all get sorted out. And if not, Jim and I will come kick some serious ass with our dope ninja skills.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO at Kel's comment! She's entirely right you know, get your thumb out of your face and mix a strong one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. let's kick some ass. Tell me when and where! I'll bring the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I usually come w/ a smart ass funny comment, but this pisse dme off too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. #1. Sned them a dead fish in the mail.
    #2. Set fire to the school.
    #3. Watch "Office Space", and repeat to yourself: "Mmmm...yeaahhh..I'm just not gonna GO anymore".
    #4. Take Maggie May's advice. Pacifier. But soak it in Vodka first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It will be ok. It will all work out. Now go have a nice glass of wine and pig out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man. Frankenstein alone will drive you to drink, let alone the financial stuff. They'll sort it out - they'll just give you the beginnings of an ulcer as a bonus..
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Master: "Your training is over."
    Student: "It is?"
    M: "Yes. You are free to eat."
    S: "I am?" Reaches for dumpling, Kung Fu master snatches it from student, eats dumpling.
    S: "Hey!"
    M: "You are free to eat."
    S: "I am?!"
    M: "ARE YOU?"

    Student reaches for another dumpling. Master snatches it away again, eats it.
    S: "Hey, I thought you said I was free to eat!"
    M: "You are."
    S: "AM I?!"
    M: "Yes, you are free to eat."
    (repeat)*

    Sorry to hear. Something similar happened to me way back, I feel your pain. Chin up!

    *This will make more sense if you have seen Kung Fu Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How bizarre that they canceled it. I hope it gets worked out and re-disbursed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww sweetie, I feel for ya. To echo everyone else, it's probably some stupid clerical mistake that will frustrate the fuck out of you, but will all get sorted eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You complain about having nothing to blog about really succinctly and eloquently, nonetheless. I hope the financial aid problem clears.

    I've been missing your blog, had a bad week of brainless blogging, my apologies.

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.