Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This Is Classic Catherine

It turns out the financial aid office made a clerical error, which they fixed in a matter of seconds this morning. It took longer for me to explain my question than it took for them to reinstate my student loan disbursement. So I could have spared myself a panic attack, a sleepless night, AND a case of Jim Beam had I just though to myself, "Self? I shouldn't be talking to you anymore, our therapist is going to be pissed, but in the mean time, perhaps you should chill the fuck out for a second?"

Last night, poor Gray walked in the door from work just as I finished reading the letter about how my financial aid was cancelled and the world was coming to a fiery end and how Jesus loves the little children of the world EXCEPT FOR ME. His reaction to the bad news proves he's the man of my dreams: He went to the fridge and brought me a beer and said, "Here, drink this."

Back off, he's mine.

I emailed my Jill the good news and said that maybe next time a problem presents itself, that I should remain calm and collected and wait to see what happens before I start writing my suicide note. And then she proved that she's the BFF for me with her reaction: "If you didn't freak out about things I would think something was seriously wrong," like maybe that I was abusing Rx drugs.

So Gray feeds me drugs and Michelle lets me know when I've got a problem with them. It's really the perfect scenario.


And now, some photos of places I'd rather be right now:

Duluth, MN
Seward, AK

Grand Marais, MN (or anywhere with beaver flicks)((or beavers))

Custer State Park, SD



Birchwood, WI (or anywhere I wouldn't die wearing a bathing suit)

21 comments:

  1. You are funny!

    Glad it all worked out with the student loan.

    and I love those pics!
    I need to go to one of those places too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the craziest chick I know. I am so glad you are on my blog roll. You entertain the hell out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go, a little freak out and a beer, typical Cat day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband still doesn't see it my way, but I firmly believe the best response to most problems is to ignore them for at least one night, and look at them again the next day. Non-life-threatening things only of course. Actually that's a complete fucking lie. I lay awake at 2 AM with the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beaver pic would be funnier with a big ass beaver as opposed to the fish.

    Wait...big ass beaver just doesn't sound right...

    heh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would rather be in Wisconsin myself. BTW we should probably set a date for that soon so I have something to live for until it warms up. As a matter of fact I think we should do 2 weekends this year. A june trip and an August trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics. Heh, that's all kind of funny in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ice and beaver flicks and live bait. What more could anyone need?

    My son at his college orientation was hysterical. UA -- the A being Arizona, not Alaska -- was first the worst school ever, then it was awesome, then it was horrible, then amazing, then the registrar was the king of Hell and all things unholy. I think at the moment he likes it, although I haven't spoken to him today...He's not so good at being calm when things are not going smoothly.

    But it is amusing. After I talk him down from the ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beaver. Heh heh. Beaver.

    Glad your financial aid worked itself out, I was expecting a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOOOOOOOO! Praise Jay-zus, glad that worked out for you.

    See? You really are free to eat!
    Grab those dumplings, girl...

    (And I want a beaver house. Rather, one close to my home. There is a Pussycat Club nearby in Baltimore, but that's at least 20 minutes away by car, and people get shot outside there sometimes. Or so I've heard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. See. I told you everything was going to be fine.

    Ok, well maybe I didn't say that. Maybe I said, "Oh shit, you are fucked".

    Nah, I didn't say that either. I'm not really sure if I said anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn you. I was totally going to leave a comment last night about chilling out but I thought it would be insensitive. So I called you a baby instead. Obviously I should have gone with my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find that little panicking always make the resolution of the problem seem all the better.

    Today Duluth does not look like your photo… 30 inch snow pack and
    2 deg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Nice Beaver!"
    "Thanks, I just had it stuffed!"

    As I said yesterday, "All will be fine."

    On a different note, have you figured out how to get Landers onto your own internet connection?? Do you need your own "Geek" to fix it??
    You know where I am...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a good man! Mine feeds me beer AND gives me a back massage, even when I rant about some of his family members!
    We are lucky ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those damn clerical errors. Glad it all worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when they say OH it was JUST a clerical error! Oh good thing, because i was about to go to the clock tower and start shootin motherfuckers down! JUST a clerical error

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew everything would be fine! I give such good advice, I just wish I could take some of my own sometimes!

    Eh, I wouldn't be as interesting to be around if I did that. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

    SMOOCHES!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too funny! And was happy to hear it worked out! :o)

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.