Friday, April 10, 2009

the universe strikes back

well, vacation was officially cancelled yesterday (insert moment of silence) because our would-be host and hostess are travelling themselves next week, and we decided that infecting them with the death virus from hell just before their vacation would not be cool.

gray felt a tad better last night (well enough to brush his teeth for the first time since...you don't want to know) so he got his own water and sherbet from the kitchen a couple of times, and he trimmed his...ahem...nose hair because it was faking him out, making him think his nose was running when, i guess, it was just the nose hairs flapping in the breeze. (i had to have a conversation with him about how i'm sorry he's sick, but that does not mean i am ok with him leaving the trimmings all over my sink.)

apparently he overdid it last night, what with the standing up and all, because this morning , he's worse again. he's literally gone through 4 boxes of tissues since Tuesday, and we're on the second tub of sherbet. this virus has kicked his ass like it's never been kicked before - this is the first time in 9 years that he's called into work two days in a row.

but the GOOD news (besides the fact that i get to work on monday now) is that i woke up this morning with a sore throat, a headache AND a runny nose - every one of his symptoms besides the fever. i'm just going to ignore them all and hope they go away. because i may not be going on vacation (please hold while i SOB FOR A MOMENT), but i am bound and determined not to spend all weekend in bed. we are supposed to hit 60 degrees people, and i'll be damned if i have to hear about what that feels like on the news. i want to go to the zoo tomorrow to be with my own kind.

i realized yesterday that gray is a firstborn son, he is on a diet that promotes the consumption of primarily red meat, and he was struck down during passover...coincidence? or retribution for all those slayer concerts he's been to? and what the fuck did i ever do?




i'm cancelling easter. take that, universe!

18 comments:

  1. If ColdFX is not available where you are, bribe a Canadian to send you some. Or head for the border. It's that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Damn! What a serious dispointment! I hope that you all feel better soon and can reschedule sometime in the near future!! Try to have a good weekend and stay 'well'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your vacation.
    I know that is disappointing.

    Hope you are up for going to the zoo.

    I saw doc yesterday, on my second round of antibiotics.

    I feel for Gray. It sucks when you're so sick, that getting up and doing a couple small tasks can completely wipe you out.

    Hope he's better soon! And that you don't get it and can go visit your own kind at the zoo. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddy of mine starts drinking screwdrivers at the first sign of a cold...he swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get my nose hair that long. I would totally wind pencils in it and pretend I was tribal and hahahaha isn't that hysterical?

    Maybe it is to you, Racist. But I find it deplorable. Humph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ZOO!! i am so jealous. there are no zoos on this m.f. island

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drink plenty of OJ or at least get some Vitamin C drops - drink lots of fluids like water, juice and gatorade and some hot tea doesn't hurt either. Take lots of hot showers - especially if you don't have a humidifier - because the cleaner you are the better you feel when you dry off and get in some comfy clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man that sucks about your vacation.

    I am the same as you, if I feel a cold, I ignore it, as if it will go away.

    Lots of herbal remedies and flat out denial usually means I can at least carry on, and sometimes I actually beat it.

    Hoping for you (and Gray) that it passes.....after all the zoo is waiting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, how much red meat do you eat? Not that I'm victim blaming...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's taken me four hours to read your post because my children won't leave me alone. I mean... want to spend quality time with me. I'll trade you for Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't help but wonder which species at the zoo is your kind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You cannot cancel Easter but nice try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer, I had such high hopes for your vacation! Well, I guess now I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you and the zoo. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh man. that sucks. drink green tea and scarf garlic, it's a strong antiviral and antibacterial.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you cancel Easter after Sunday so I can eat some of those yummy little chocolate eggs? Oh, and Peeps? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dude, that sucks that your trip got canceled. I'm glad your big baby is feeling better and has his nose hairs in line. Have fun at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry your vacation is cancelled and you are getting sick. At least your man voluntarily trims his nose hairs...mine has to be told several times and then forced to stand in front of the mirror and hold the trimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are being featured on Five Star Friday!
    http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2009/04/five-star-friday-edition-49.html

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.