Friday, September 25, 2009

Don't Worry, They Were Strippers, Not Hookers. Probably.

So we got into a bit of trouble with some of our new neighbors (us being the "new" ones).

Turns out? We're loud as fuck.

I know, I was surprised too.

Gray hosted a bachelor party for his buddy at our house last Friday (yes, it totally involved strippers and blow job solicitations and dollar bills and oh so very much booze)((it was a true-blue bachelor party)), and the boys were up until almost 6:00 a.m. I was trying to sleep through the commotion (whoever had the brilliant idea of playing Guitar Hero at 3:00 directly below my bedroom, I thank you from the bottom of my heart)((oh, and whoever was singing along? don't quit your day job and for the love of god, get your dog a pair of earplugs)).

They had a great time and didn't get arrested or catch any venereal diseases or accidentally sleep with each other or any of things that occasionally happen to make a guys' night out end badly.

They did, however, sit outside on the deck almost all night long because they smoke, which is verboten in our house, and so there they sat, smoking and giving each other noogies and saying "fuck this, fuck that" until an ungodly hour of the morning.

Our neighbors directly behind were displeased.

So we tromped around the block on Sunday, homemade goodies in hand, to apologize for disturbing their slumber. We felt very much like naughty little children, and I don't mean that in the way that pedophiles mean it.

Since that humiliating experience (yes, I cried, but not until after we left) I've been thinking what we could have done differently to avoid this awkward social situation, and I came to a brilliant conclusion: We have to deafen our neighbors.

Think about it for a second. Imagine if everyone living directly around your home were deaf. Just picture, if you will, the liberation such an arrangement would provide you. FARTING! FIGHTING! FUCKING! Everything could be as loud as you wanted. You'd never worry about "keeping it down" or shushing your guests or offending the children with graphic limericks or adult subject matter.

THEY WOULD ALL BE DEAF. You could call your next door neighbor a "moron" five feet from his face and he'd never know (disclaimer: deaf people read lips, so always be sure to hide your face. it's a qualified liberation, now that I think about it. just walk fucking backwards, you big babies).

I think I could do the job with an ice pick. Or is that too big? I've never actually seen one. Or I could pull some ninja shit and reach up to plug their noses just as they're sneezing. I'd have to aim for allergy season with that plan. I could just detonate an explosive right by their faces. Or discharge a gun inside an aluminum garbage can that they're crammed into.

The biggest challenge I foresee with this clearly unstoppable scheme is that we'd have to drive really slowly around the neighborhood. According to those big yellow signs, deaf people have a tendency to run right out in front of cars, although I never understood why fucking BLIND people can get across a busy street no problem, but deaf people can't seem to remember to look both ways. Who the hell judges traffic by SOUND, for christ's sake.

I know, the whole plan sounds tricky, but the only alternative I came up with was for US to be deaf because you never really hear deaf people talk, so theoretically we'd be much less obnoxious to the world in general, but I don't think that would actually solve the problem because deaf people seem to make a lot of strange noises when they sign, noises which resemble what I do on the toilet, so we'd probably be in trouble with the neighbors for "pooping loudly" when really we were just discussing the economy.

I'm glad we talked about this, you people really helped me realize that it makes the most sense to just stab everyone in the ears.

14 comments:

  1. I love it. Though unforutnetly the loud at my house is not from 'fuking bachelors' (that sounds bad) or guitar hero, it is from screaming children... and mom's (me) ...

    But still.... I would love to not have to worry about what they think I am doing to them... (making them come in to take a bath) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're the quiet ones in our neighborhood, except for occasional pyrotechnic displays. Then the neighbors call the police on us... not a very neighborly thing to do. Wish they'd just join the party instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely GUARANTEE Deaf people are louder than you. You don't usually hear deaf people talk because that's reserved for people they like and not stupid hearing people. No offense, I'm just sayin. And the whole moron thing, they've probably already called you that and you thought they were just waving and making the peace sign. Remember to be careful what you wish for! LOL...

    Oh, and tell your neighbors to get over themselves. Maybe instead of baked goodies you should've passed out ear plugs. People need to loosen up already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Cat. You are officially the least politically correct person I know (in or out of the blogosphere). This is no easy accomplishment as I am related to all manner of ignorant-bastards and white-trashery, and have been known to tell the occasional racial and/or religious joke (along with a a dirty limmerick) myself.

    Oh and that last bit about pooping too loudly? Brilliantly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that most uncomfortable situations can be resolved by stabbing people in the ears. I'm happy you've found a solution to your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This idea is brilliant, but how do you bring it about? I'd never realized just how poorly my house kept sound in until hearing my kids scream at each other while I was outside. I can only imagine what my neighbours think. Fuck those hearing bastards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty much a solid tenet to live by in any situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get a cock cat!
    As in the chicken kind. Or get three cocks and let them run wild. While your neighbours are being awoken every mourning by a disgruntled and rasping cock you can sleep safe in the knowledge that any previous nights loudness will soon be forgotten by anybody in at least a half mile radius of your new fabulous abode....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. The homemade goodies were really good. All is forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our neighbor calls the police if JR accidentally mows to close to his portion of the lawn. Homemade baked goods would never work here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys were so unbelievably loud, I heard you all the way in Michigan. Can I have some baked goods now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have liked to see you walking over there with your tail between your legs. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering what all that racket was. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.