Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mmm Mmm Dead

I promise to let you eat my cheeseburger very soon, but I must first comment on this important social issue:

PIER ONE IS TRYING TO MURDER ME.

I'm working on some research for my Month of Ramen (it WILL HAPPEN, so help me fucking god) and I figured since I'll be showcasing lots and lots of noodle-based recipes, I'd better get a pretty little ramen bowl to photograph them in. It's for the good of the world, and therefore a justifiable expense.

When considering where to purchase such a bowl, my first though was Pier One because...well...it's the only store where the teak love-children of kitschy eastern decor and frilly western sensibilities live. And can be found on sale. THERE IS NOWHERE BETTER.

So I went to Pier One. And look at the beautiful specimen I decided on!

I am a yellow noodle bowl. Aren't I lovely? Eat out of me!
In fact, these little ceramic dishes were such a good deal that I decided to purchase enough to serve all of my frequent dinner guests. Which means two.

Curious about the origins of the fine craftsmanship of the bowl, I flipped it over. Imagine my horror when I discovered:

Oh, hai. I can haz mention I might be deadly?

In Pier One's defense, these bowls *were* on clearance...

7 comments:

  1. I could maybe take that Pier One gift card off your hands. Let me do a quick online search - I am in desperate need of some 'housey' things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be fair, the label doesn't say will poison, it says may poison.

    Maybe if everyone eats really fast, the poison won't have time to leach into the food. Eat the noodles, leave the broth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make some meals that I suspected may poison me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the incense I purchased from Wal Mart. The back says "known to cause cancer and birth defects". Seriously? Who would willingly light something that says that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to put stickers that say that on the bottom of my bowls and see if my renter notices. That'll teach him to leave dirty dishes in the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shit, our plates and bowls are from Pier One. Haven't died yet and we've had them for 5 years so I think we're good.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.