Thursday, January 12, 2012

No. NO. Reboot.

You know what? Fuck what I said the other day. I don't feel guilty at all.

Can anyone explain why people who talk a big game seem without variation to be hypocrites?

(For example, almost every outspoken anti-gay politician turns out to be gay. I say stick that dick wherever you'd like, just own it. OWN THAT DICK, Senator.)

The people I speak of preach safety! And security! And good will towards men! They are citizens who take action against hooligans! They build fences to protect their children from danger! And they have a big problem with people who don't take those same things seriously.

But when shit hits the fan and the big game talkers are implicated in a dangerous situation, it suddenly becomes someone else's problem. Some other person's responsibility. No apologies, no concern. They feel that the problems they "caused" not only should be overlooked, but all those other rules about safety and community involvement fly right out the window because suddenly, they are the ones under fire. They are the ones out of line.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I agree that their lives are hard enough as it is right now, which really does suck. That's why I've tried to be helpful.

I can't do anything but hold up a mirror and hope they see themselves in it when what I really want to do is smash the mirror into their thick skulls and scream, "WHAT THE FUCK?!?! WHO ARE YOU!?!?"

So I take it back: I'm not sorry. I'm pissed, and I have every right to be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm speaking the fuck up. Incongruiously and non-sequitor... I wrote a novel, but your SITE timed me out.....can I email? I was wrong, Des, and I miss you, more than words in this forum can say....is there a forum of comm I'm allowed to apologze for years of WRONGness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took all the NERVE in me to try to contact you and knock on your door after....everything...Hoping you at least look thru the peep-hole...im so fucking sorry....the times and years will show thru that damn peephole....Im just...sorry.
    Im better now. Let me prove it now....Ive earned that option.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.