Saturday, January 14, 2012

I still don't understand how the Internet works

Every once in a while, I get curious about visitors to Zippy. What kind of freaks are you? Fortunately, there's a way to find out.

These are my Google Analytics scores going back to the beginning of this blog:

 
17,099 unique page views

2 mins 52 seconds average time on site
77.03% bounce rate

 
At first, it seems like a lot of page views, but then I look at the Content stats, which show that I've drawn lots of readers who had no interest in my blog, so they left right away.

 
The same is true when I check out the keyword search terms, because I'm pretty sure the guy who came to Zipbagofbones by googling, "Labia weights" didn't intend to find this post.

 
Naturally, I like to try to imagine which of my content pages got pegged by Google search to pull up a result which led a stranger to my blog. Labia was an easy guess, but what about "activia and anal fissures"? What about "how to break my arm"?

I MUST KNOW.

So now, we're going to play Let's Match That Google Search Keyword To A Post From This Blog!

To start us off, please welcome My Most Common Google Search Term:
  • i want 18 (and other variations like iwant18, iwant 18, 1 want18.com, et. al.)
Variations of "i want 18" has been my number one search traffic generator for as long as I've had access to a computer. Which, if you read the post that started it all, makes you realize exactly how long and how often I irritate horny teenage-lovers everywhere. Awesome.

Here are some others. I literally searched these terms in my blog dashboard, and I had exact matches for all of these. I really should pay more attention to what I'm saying...
As I discovered last time, clearly, I am NOT what you people are looking for. And that makes me feel complete inside.

1 comment:

  1. LMFAO I love it!!! The fact that you know how to even find out the searched terms tells me you know a lot more about the internet than I do.

    ReplyDelete

You.Yeah, you. Speak the fuck up.